Manpower is currently recruiting for a Project Manager to work on an exciting assignment at the Open University in Milton Keynes. This is a temporary position starting on 8th July 2019 until 30th September 2019.
Your main duties will be to to lead the execution of a series of projects or sub projects within a larger project from inception through to business handover, ensuring the delivery of specified outputs within agreed time, quality and cost parameters.
Planning, managing and delivering services -
- Coordinate and maintain project timescales
- Ensure team members work collaboratively in the interests of the project and in partnership with clients
- Communicate progress on developments in liaison with other members of the project team
- Anticipate and contribute to the resolution of problems and departures from project specification and schedule by monitoring project progress
- Assist in negotiating and communicating with clientâ€™s variations to project specifications, designs, resources and schedules, as necessary
- Communicate progress in accordance with organisational procedures.
People management â€"
- Understand the role of other team members, and collaborate effectively to ensure smooth and timely production and roll out
- Take a flexible approach to task boundaries where appropriate and also where it is necessary to seek the expertise of others
- Engender a knowledge-sharing and expertise-sharing culture with colleagues to contribute to best practice
- Develop and agree a work plan that identifies key activities, outputs and resource requirements and that provides a basis for monitoring performance
- Take responsibility for own contribution to team performance
- Collaborate effectively with other members of the wider LDS (Learner and Discovery Services) team.
Skills and experience
Education, qualifications and training -
- Higher education qualification or equivalent professional experience.
- A recognised professional qualification relevant to project management.
Knowledge, work and other relevant experience -
- Proven track record of workflow co-ordination, capacity planning, estimating and scheduling
- Experience of using common software tools (e.g. MS Office)
- Experience of using computer based project management or resource management tools.
- Experience of project management.
- Experience of working in a media production environment
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment and within tight deadlines
If youâ€™re looking for an exciting temporary position starting immediately, please apply here today!