Junior Marketing Assistant
My Client are a leader in their field & manufacture a product locally at their Wigan Plant that is distributed across leisure sites in the UK & now growing in their exported market into Europe too. We are now seeking a Marketing Executive to help with the promotion of their premium product online, in print, and at market related exhibitions across the UK.
This is a junior role that will give you an excellent opportunity to deliver & grow your experience in a market specific role, with the support of an established Sales & Marketing Manager & a UK wide Area Sales Team, dedicated to continuing the growth of their reputation & delivery of excellence & after sales care with every unit that leaves the factory.
What will your day look like:
- You will assist the established & highly experienced Sales and Marketing Manager with the promotion of national and local shows that the Company will be exhibiting at - both in Print and Online formats.
- Supporting the Digital Marketing, you will create market related & relevant blogs, email of marketing, website content and design and build the social media strategy for the business & product.
- Event Management and administrative/marketing tasks associated with events will be required & will also allow you to build your own personal flow of working with this brand.
- Delivery of social media and marketing support/advice to Area Sales Managers when required & development of your own relationships & strategies accordingly.
- Providing marketing support for where appropriate
- Any other marketing and administrative tasks required by the Sales & Marketing Teams.
Who will be successful in this role:
- Strong knowledge and experience in marketing a business on Social Media Channels (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
- Experience in blog writing and SEO, with a keen eye for detail in writing and proof-reading.
- Good graphic design and creative skills with the use of Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator and Photoshop).
- Demonstrable experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Good understanding of Google Analytics and reporting of social media.
Required Personal Qualities:
- You are a creative thinker and self-starter with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Use of interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills in all formats.
- Happy to grow your network & engage with Customers & Suppliers over the phone, online and at market relevant exhibitions - this will not only demonstrate your product knowledge but will enhance your delivery capacity.
- You will be required to multi-task and balance a variety of tasks originating from different areas of the company & have the capacity t manage each task/project as it arises.
- Video editing skills would be desirable
- Social Media Management Tools - Hootsuite/Sprout Social knowledge etc
- HTML, CSS and PHP coding skills (would be advantageous but not required for role)
- Knowledge of using a Content Management System
- Full-time role: Monday-Friday - 9-5pm primarily based in Wigan - some travel & attendance at trade events
- Some weekend work will be required at events during the year