Design Team Manager
My client designs and manufactures a range of medical devices which are used by consumers and healthcare professionals worldwide. They are looking to invest in a skilled, and innovative Design Team Manager who thrives to deliver market leading technology which is appealing to end users. You will have experience in high volume manufacturing with a consumer product and have some management experience behind you.
As part of the R&D department you will be working on exciting and challenging projects from conception through to production. You will have the opportunity to experience all aspects of a full medical device design role working alongside Customers, Sales and Marketing, Project Management, Quality, and Manufacturing departments.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage multiple projects within the design department from concept to production ensuring projects are delivered on time and budget.
- Provide leadership, set standards and provide coaching for a team of Design Engineers.
- Demonstrate excellence in Design Engineering skills.
- Responsible for the compilation and accuracy of Design History files.
- Plan and co-ordinate the activities of the design group to ensure compliance to procedures and regulations.
- Develop processes and procedures to support and improve design practices.
- Be responsible for managing effective new product designs.
- To review the output of Design Engineers ensuring work is completed with the required level of rigour to the timescales required by the project.
- Regularly review performance and development of reports in line with 1:2:1 process.
- Develop and monitor training plans for direct reports.
- Assist in the compilation of quotations in support of Business Development and Sales and Marketing.
- Compile reports on estimated cost to complete for any work stream in R&D.
- Develop intellectual property.
- Approve design reports and quality documentation to quality standards.
- To review all necessary detailed CAD, engineering drawings, reports and plans for the above to the relevant applicable standards.
- Be responsible for progressing all design and development activities to achieve agreed timing, highlighting any concerns or deviations from plan to the functional lead and relevant project manager in a timely manner to support the discussion and development of recovery strategies.
Highly experienced in some or all the below:
Mechanical design, Plastics, Injection moulding, DFMEA, UFMEA, Prototyping techniques, tooling, concept generation, taking products from concept to production, project planning and management, FEA, Human Factors engineering.
As Design Team Manager you will be a great motivator and enjoy leading & developing a strong and successful team. This is an excellent step for someone who has a strong Engineering background and has developed into management in the recent years. You will be passionate about Continuous Improvement and developing new procedures and design practices. In return you will receive a very competitive salary and enjoy many benefits such as flexi time, local discounts and training & development. This is a permanent and full time Monday - Friday role. Please apply online or call Lianne for more details.