Plant Production Operative- Calor Gas- Coryton
Manpower is working in partnership with Calor Gas to seek for individuals to work on their Coryton gas plant as a production operative.
As a plant operative your main duties will include:
- Filling of gas cylinders
- Loading/ Unloading gas cylinders
- Jet Washing
- Checking condition of cylinders
- Scrapping cylinders if they are damaged/ out of date
- Re-valving Cylinders
- Emptying of liquid gas from cylinders
- General Yard duties e.g. ensuring the yard is clean and safe for work
- Full PPE is provided
- On site canteen
- Secure car park
- Potential to do overtime (1.5X pay)
- Potential to earn FLT license (paid for)
- Potential to earn Class 2 ADR license
- Potential to become shunt driver for plant
These are just a few of the many benefits that you could receive whilst working for Calor gas!
The focus of this role is delivering high performance through teamwork, problem solving, safety and efficiency.
Due to the physical nature of the job, Calor ensure that the candidate's job role is rotated on a weekly basis.
Whilst doing your training, you will be shown the correct techniques that Calor encourage their plant operatives to use when loading/ unloading the gas cylinders. This is done to reduce the risk of injury and to ensure that the job is made as safe as it can possibly be.