IT/Science Graduate Technician
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation as an IT/Science Graduate Technician to be trained as a Packaging Measurement Technician for our global FMCG client, the powerhouse behind brands such as Sure, Rexona & Lynx, to be based at their research & development facility in Seacroft, Leeds. This is an ongoing, long term temporary role working Monday to Friday paying £21,200-£22,525 per annum.
Speed and agility is essential to drive productivity and meet the demands of increasingly hyper-fragmented markets, respond to new trends or react to competitor launches.
This role is focused on the efficient and timely qualification of packaging innovations through component qualification for the biggest player in the global Deodorants market.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
The role is focused on the dimensional testing & analysis of packaging components for Deodorant. This will entail being the first point of contact for the dimensional testing portion of global packaging innovations through the following:
- Be the expert in measurement for the Deodorant packaging team, providing support to projects in all areas of measurement
- Have full autonomy to develop measurement programs for the vision systems to best qualify the components
- Be the superuser for all relevant pieces of testing equipment, training other equipment users on the safe operation when necessary
- Able to support measurability of components, providing input into measurement workshops and drawing reviews.
- Ensures the equipment and the environment around are well maintained and kept to a high standard of cleanliness.
- Degree level in IT, science, maths or engineering discipline.
- Good IT skills and digital interest - ideally some digital experience such as coding, programming etc.
- Practised at managing multiple pieces of work at the same time.
- Analytical capability - can analyse and interpret data.
- Design of experiments/protocol development
- Knowledge of dimensional testing of packaging components
- Understanding of statistical theories such as Process Capability
- Experience of operation and programming dimensional measurement systems.
- Experience in X-raying & CT scanning.
- Experience in Data Analysis using both Excel and statistical software packages (such as Minitab).
- Experience in accurate report writing using Microsoft Office packages.