LGV & PCV Drivers Wanted
Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week, however, this may also include weekend work and overtime.
We are looking for drivers who possess LGV & PCV licence, we need drivers who are happy to drive any vehicle on any day for any occasion. This may even include a van, if you don't mind driving any vehicle on any day then please proceed to read!
What is the job?
- To carry out vehicle valeting and refuelling and any other general duties as required.
Carry out vehicle maintenance checks as required.
- Driving a diverse fleet of motor transport vehicles.
- Daily/weekly and any other maintenance tasks required to ensure vehicle availability to support TSSP operations.
- Undertake any driving duties as required by the Contract in any location at any time.
- Control all Vehicle related administration within Driver Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) / Royal Air Force Mechanical
- Ensure all aspects of the MT contract are fulfilled within the required time frames.
- Ensure all personal vocational licenses, medicals and competencies are maintained.
- Communicate with the Duty Transport Controller daily as required to ensure possible contract failures are avoided.
- Promote best practice, report bad practice and non-compliance and take preventative action to ensure continual improvement in the organisation.
- Carry out any other duties as required to support the contract.
What we expect:
- Valid PSV & LGV Driving License (manual). (will accept one licence of two)
- Valid Full Driver CPC currency for LGV & PCV
- Valid Drivers Digital Tachograph Card
- Driving Licence with no more than 6 valid endorsement points
- Working knowledge of Transport & Driver legal requirements, in particular Drivers Hours Regulations under the EU Directive 561/2006 and Working Time Regulations.
- Ability to demonstrate practical and theoretical standards required.
- Working knowledge of RAF/DVSA/DGSA
- Experience of working within a military environment.
- Military or Civilian air side operational experience.
- Familiar with Military Documentation.
- Sound knowledge of London roads.
What are we looking for:
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills.
- Flexible and adaptable
- Good forward planning.
- Health and Safety focused.
- Customer focused.
- Diplomatic and Tactful.
- Work on own initiative.
If you are interested in this position, or would like to find out more, please contact us on - 0208 993 7320 / Please ask for Adam