An exciting opportunity has arisen in Rochdale for a Warehouse Operative to join our leading global wholesale distributor client. This is a full-time temporary role paying £8.21 per hour, Monday to Friday, 10.30 - 19.00pm to start ASAP on a temporary contact until 29/09/2019. Please note that although daily hours specify a 7pm finish, it is quite likely that workers may be asked to work overtime after their shift which is paid at the correct OT Rates.
**Please note the site is moving to Chadderton in the next couple of months, please do not apply if you cannot travel here**
Purpose of the Job
This role will be based in the goods in section of the warehouse working as part of a team under supervisory guidance. Involved in all aspects of shipping, receiving and handling of materials. Ship all daily requirements to meet and exceed customer demand/requirements and very high levels of accuracy.
- Reports to the Warehouse supervisor
- Health and safety: Must ensure that safe working practices as stipulated by the company are adhered to at all times. Undertake any relevant HSE training as required.
- Picking: Accurately collect parts from various locations within the warehouse without introducing errors.
- Packing: To consolidate picked goods in a secure manner for direct shipment to external/internal customers. 100% double check on picked items to achieve very high accuracy levels.
- Despatch: Consolidate packages on the relevant pallet and prepare for collection, i.e. pallet wrapping / loading into carrier cages.
- Goods Inwards: Check deliveries for damage and check against the delivery note to ensure that we have received the correct quantities of the correct products. Using Rf scanners
- Communication: On a day-to-day basis communication between various departments is normal. Responsibility for dealing with day-to-day enquiries in a friendly yet professional manner applies to all logistics staff.
- Operation of a Powered industrial truck is required, if operator holds licence and is authorised.
**Drug Screening will be conducted on all successful candidates**