1 day left
We are currently looking to recruit a high level HR Administrator to join a client in Holborn on short notice. Offering an excellent salary and great working environment, we are needing someone strong and confident to hit the ground running.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
(This job description is not a complete listing of all duties but contains the key elements of the role)
- Provide a complete administrative function in accordance with our recruitment policy in the recruitment of new officers and staff. This will include drafting adverts with managers, placing adverts (internally and externally), preparing application packs, receiving and acknowledging applications, contacting the interviewees, liaising with the panel, setting up interviews, arranging equipment and refreshments, sending out appointment letters, obtaining references and ensuring payroll department notified
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements when necessary for interview panels and where applicable applicants
- Cross check right to work documents and compliance
- Record and analyse equal opportunity forms and run quarterly reports
- Following authorisation from the Director of HR & Development, arrange temporary cover for short-staffed departments
Induction and probation
- Carry out induction for new employees at Central Office.
- Diarise probation periods and renewal of temporary staff contracts.
- Ensure new employees are set up on the Unite network as appropriate through effective liaison with the IT department.
- Arrange training for Fire Wardens, First Aiders and Working at Height and keep accurate records of these.
- Maintain training schedules, arrange course venues and liaise with delegates.
Advice and guidance
- Provide day to day advice to line managers and employees on general HR related queries, requests and policies and procedures, escalating more complex issues to a senior member of the team.
- Facilitate disciplinary and grievance meetings and take notes of the meeting as may be required by the Head of HR and Development/HR Advisor/HR coordinator.
- Ensure that leavers are acknowledged in a timely manner, the line manager is aware of the process and any outstanding annual leave is calculated and forwarded to the Payroll department.
- Ensure that all payroll instructions are prepared and logged in time for the monthly payroll run and submitted to the Payroll department, for example, contractual variations, new starters and leavers, and contractual benefits.
HR Database and Reporting
- Ensure the HR system accurately reflects current staff conditions and details. This includes inputting starters and leavers, contractual amendments, change of details, and checking the recording of sicknesses and other leave.
- Run reports as requested on various employee related data including headcount, absence, employee details, etc.
- Carry out general administration for the HR department, for example, sorting post, answering the telephone, devising standard HR documents and letters and managing the HR inbox.
- Respond to reference requests for current or ex-members of staff in line with procedure.
- Ensure electronic and paper based personnel files are maintained and filing is completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain the schedule of Stand Down Officers and issue appropriate paperwork and instruction to Payroll whilst ensuring the correct protocol is followed by management.
- Liaise with outside organisations, i.e. schools and colleges, regarding work placements; liaise with internal heads of department and prepare work programme, all in accordance with the HR procedures.
- Adhere to Data Protection legislation and ensure private and confidential data is kept secure and disposed of in the appropriate manner.
Previous office experience in an administrative capacity, preferably in an HR environment
Excellent computer skills; a good understanding of Microsoft Office applications and database software, including advanced Excel and Word
Educated to A level standard
Practical knowledge of HR functions is desirable
Good interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate with people at all levels
Discretion and the ability to work to a high degree of confidentiality is paramount
Show initiative and sound judgement
Ability to learn, develop and implement new systems
An effective listener and communicator with strong telephone skills
A methodical and organised approach to administration and following up on issues arising and subsequent actions flowing from them
The ability to time manage efficiently, organise and prioritise workload to get things done effectively and efficiently with the minimum of supervision
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and to work effectively as part of a team
Desired but not essential
Have, or be working towards a CIPD qualification
Previous experience of using the Sage Snowdrop HR system
If you are interested in the position please apply directly as we will be conducting interviews shortly
Apply for HR Administrator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly