Mechanical Engineer £35k+
Manpower is working on behalf of one of the world's largest suppliers of aerospace and defence products that are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join their team on a permanent, full time basis. Based on the outskirts of Plymouth, your new business has become a major supplier internationally to space programs, designs and manufacturers software for guidance and control and also provides solutions for commercial, business and military aircraft. They have grown exponentially over the last few years and now is an excellent time for project planners in the South West to join a business that shows no sign of slowing down.
About the job:
As Mechanical Engineer your primary responsibilities will be:
- Producing detailed designs and drawings for Product, Manufacturing and precision calibration tooling.
- Carrying out mechanical analyses - Tolerance, Structural, Thermal and Dynamic as part of the design process using hand calculations and Finite element Analysis simulation tools.
- Supporting Environmental Engineering with development testing. This will involve carrying out detailed Vibration, Shock and Climatic testing with responsibility for running the equipment that delivers that test.
- Support to the General Environmental Engineering team when required.
- Supporting Engineering studies and Failure investigations
- Supporting Key business areas such as Process Engineering and Business Development.
- Supporting the Mechanical Engineering team in the development of its capabilities and processes.
- Supporting Materials Engineering function with, for example, materials selection, investigations and EH&S legislation e.g. REACH and COSHH.
About the ideal candidate:
- The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Working within a fast paced and agile team with a range of skills
- Capable of readily working across a broad Engineering spectrum from Product Design and Analysis
- Materials Engineering and Testing to Environmental Engineering through to production
- A good understanding of materials, manufacturing processes and rapid prototyping techniques is important to this role as is knowledge of robust design for High Volume manufacture.
The role will involve working individually as well as in a team so excellent organisational skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the within organisation is important. You will be willing and be able to provide a Mechanical Engineering lead role to the project teams. Capability in 3D CAD Parametric modelling & Finite Element simulation is important to this role: Siemens NX Cad and simulations tools and Team Center would be an advantage. Any applicant should also have a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of tools: Excel, Power point and Word.
To fit with the company primary product line of MEMS based inertial measurements systems the candidate will ideally have experience in electronics packaging of sensors for harsh operating environments and be able to development innovative solutions for complex packaging problems. They will also be educated to degree level and either chartered or working towards chartered status.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of application by telephone for a short over the phone interview prior to being submitted to the client.
If you would like to know more about the role, call the Manpower Exeter branch a call and ask to speak to Sammi.