CAD Design Engineer (2D, 3D, AutoCAD LT)
CAD Design Engineer
My Client is a Manufacturer trading for over 70 years in the Greater Manchester area & due to a further period of growth & demand across the UK & Into Europe for their product, we are currently seeking a solid, professional, experienced CAD Design Engineer with an understanding of manufacturing, and appreciation of design.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in improving product ranges through product/component supply choice. The successful candidate will be responsible for;
- The design and development of new products as well as the administration of existing ranges, using 2D &
What do you need to be successful in this role:
- Excellent CAD skills both in 2D and 3D, preferably AutoCAD LT
- Managing and meeting cost targets.
- Communicating effectively and professionally with customers and suppliers, translating technical information.
- Participating in Design Reviews throughout each phase of the new product process, ensuring the successful integration of a new product to the production line.
- Experience in manufacturing techniques and how to improve efficiencies on a production line.
- Enough engineering capability and experience to create effective engineering solutions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Good team working skills.
- The ability to work with a low level of supervision and intervention.
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail.
- An understanding of Manufacturing systems, Bills of Materials and stock codes.
- An understanding of Building Regulations and prefabricated buildings preferable but not essential.
- The selection and application of materials and processes appropriate to each design element.
- Experience of selecting suitable components and suppliers to reduce cost and improve quality.
Measures of Success:
- Correct and concise drawings issued to the factory - Level of materials saves from current product line and new designs - Effectiveness of ideas on improving product design - Effectiveness of ideas on improving production efficiency -Progression of projects targeting new designs.
What will you be responsible for:
- Reporting directly to the Technical Manager, you will be responsible for the design and development of new products.
- Contribute to the smooth running of the Technical office.
- Responsible for providing concise technical information to the factory staff.
- Excellent prospects for career progression.
- Creation and revision of production drawings and information.
- Responsible for translation of design ideas into production engineering drawings.
- Maintaining current information including Bills of Materials and Manufacturing documents.
- Investigate production processes and improve efficiencies.
- Assist in research and development
- Understand and implement regulations that are related to the product range. This includes inspections.
- Investigate and process customer requirements for the Sales department.
- Improve efficiencies on the production line by design and product selection.
- Reduce material cost in new and current products. * Perform duties as and when directed by the supervisor.
Will work closely with: Technical Manager and R&D Team - Purchasing Manager - Managing Director - Production Manager - Line Managers
If this sounds like the role for you, then I would love to speak with you asap.