Interim Production Manager
My Clients are an industry leader in supplying into a variety of household branded companies across the UK & into Europe. Due to YOY consistent growth, regular investment into new equipment & acquisitions in their market; my Client are now looking for an Interim Production Manager (Interim - strong chance of further opportunity on the site) for their Wirral based flagship site.
I am looking to speak with Candidates who can demonstrate relevant experience, & a strong desire to succeed & deliver at the highest of standards across the site & those who can deliver on the vision of the brand.
Reporting into the Plant Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Management of the Production Teams of high volume, low margin products to agreed time scales.
- People management across all Teams & shifts - demonstrating capacity to deliver with both permanent staff & incumbent supply.
- Create & deliver production plans to ensure all customer orders are manufactured on time and in full.
- Maintenance of all pallet, crate and timber stocks to support the business needs.
- Support product quality & assurance that standards are always maintained.
- You will oversee all Manufacturing environments, ensuring that all are maintained and operated in a safe working order, driving compliance in-line with company policy.
- You will be a key member of the site leadership team, working together to drive the site's performance to agreed KPI targets & encourage development & growth in all staff Members.
- Ensure that all supervision and productions teams are in place to achieve business targets
- Full understanding and deliver production targets & KPI's
- Setup a weekly / monthly reporting to ensure that a close relationship / communication on all site activities is maintained
- Liaise with senior leaders / cross functional teams to ensure site performances are achieved (e.g. Timber, Indirect expenditure, Sales, Finance etc.)
- Overseeing daily activities to ensure production schedules are achieved and that all plant is maintained to ensure maximum uptime.
- Ensure finished goods and timber storage areas are kept in an orderly fashion to ensure stock can be counted without personal risk.
- Implement Housekeeping initiatives to ensure production areas are kept in tidy and orderly fashion, including the management of waste/scrap bins.
- Manage timekeeping, attendance to ensure weekly KPI's are not affected.
- Management of overtime to ensure site targets are achieved.
Additionally, you will support the Plant Manager role when they are unavailable.
How will your success be measured as a Production Manager:
- OTIF of product to the Customer
- Labour price - price per unit per man hour
- Machine Efficiency %
- Quality defects
- H&S incidents, lost time
- Site growth & profitability
This is an interim role for a minimum of 3 months, however, as the site continues to grow & take up pace as the Company Flagship site, there will be opportunity to be capitalised upon, dependant on performance of the right candidate & their desire to succeed & develop in this business.
As this is an urgent role - I am happy to speak to Candidates who are interested before receiving a CV.