Deskside Support Engineer V
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue chip IT company, is currently seeking a Deskside Support Engineer V Team Lead based on their customer site in Basingstoke. This is a full-time, permanent role Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week to start ASAP. The role is paying up to £32,000 per annum.
The role requires the successful individual to have a genuine interest in solving peoples IT issues and empathetic to customer needs and requirements. The individual should be technically competent, possess good written and verbal communication skills and be willing to collaborate with the wider IT support teams.
They will be responsible to supporting a strategic change to the service model, and implementing a new statement of work. This will require working closely with the SDM to define and implement a more agile and collaborative structure which is capable of blending BAU support with short term projects and ad-hoc requests, where scoped and agreed. This will be achieved by following Six Sigma and ITIL Continuous Service Improvement methodologies.
Day to day tasks include ensuring the team has the right calibre of people, that those people are aware of their responsibilities and what good results look like. Coach individuals and facilitate plans training so that people can perform to the best of their abilities. Be a credible communicator with the customer at all levels. Demonstrates excellent customer relationship building skills that help us move from a transactional style to a long-term partnership.
- Manage day to day operations. Ensure relevant SM7 queues are monitored and responded to within OLA's and SLA's. Assign ad hoc tasks and requests on a daily basis. Ensure weekly/monthly tasks i.e. audits are carried out
- Development of individuals by following PIPD process of goal setting, reviews and assessment
- Engage with and support meetings: weekly one to ones, team meetings, scoping meetings and project go/no go meetings
- Document processes update the Site Management Guide and maintain SharePoint. Highlight changes to processes or errors to the process owners
- Support Dashboard improvement plans and support our Continuous Service Improvement program. Bring projects in to business as usual support, and bring ideas and innovation to our service
- Produce weekly team summary highlighting successes and risks and any plaudits which have been received
- Work within the contractual guidelines and HPE Statement of work or highlight any local shadow agreements. When being presented with a commercial opportunity, please notify HPE leadership
- Hierarchical point of contact for escalations. Assignment of Technical escalation to relevant resolver where required
- Drive improvements and promote cultural change
- Be politically savvy and understand the stresses and priorities of our customer and our own support teams
- May spend up to 80% of time on people management and business objectives
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous experience managing small teams
- ITIL Foundation
- Strong and confident presentation skills
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to foster creativity, individual contribution and team collaboration
- Strong knowledge of EUWS support models and best practices
- Hardware break/fix support of desktops and laptops
- Software break/fix support for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Office 2003, 2010 and 2013