An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global FMCG organisation, as a Global E-Commerce Strategy and Market Development Manager, based in Battersea, London. This is a 6-month role paying £44-55k per annum pro rata depending on experience. Some domestic travel may be required.
Please note; ASAP start required (no more than a 4-week notice period required).
This exciting role comprises playing a critically important role as part of the Global Selective Consumer retail team and leads and drives success of the brand portfolio across the Global E-commerce marketplace.
The specific tasks associated with the role are summarised below:
- Development of the E-Commerce Global Strategy
- Define the Global E-Commerce strategy and three-year plan with appropriate targets and KPIs.
- Work closely with the Global E-Commerce teams so as to ensure the strategy is aligned to wider E-Commerce approach, learning's and strategy.
- Develop the strategic plan at a Global level with application at Country e-tailer and marketplace level.
- Effectively cascade the strategy to the appropriate teams so as to ensure that all stakeholders are informed and aligned, and the plan is optimised.
- Deliver brand activity and marketing plans with UK direct customers, in order to achieve business and brand targets - circa. €4.8m
- For direct customers, support the development of the JBP and activity plan in order to achieve defined business and brand targets.
- Work closely with the customer in order to effectively activate and execute monthly promotional and brand site activity, ensuring on-brand, and on-budget.
- Develop and activate appropriate activity and campaigns through to execution working closely with the Global brand digital team and with appointed E-Commerce agencies.
- Review monthly activity with a post-activity review, gaining insight to evolve and tailor future plans.
- Analyse and present key customer and where possible competitor data in order to identify insight and provide informed future direction and strategic decisions.
- Be the link between MCOs and distributors for E-Commerce customer brand updates, content and information cascades
- Develop and share brand specific campaigns that can be transferred through to MCOs and distributors for site activation in-store and impact through to the shopper and consumer
- Develop and share and support distributor and MCOs for requirements for the development of the E-Commerce channel category and shopper brand story.
- Obtain market share and category and brand updates from distributors and MCOs and feed into overall performance reporting, identify insights and contribute analysis for future strategic direction.
- Identify and develop relevant contact and relationships through effective matrix management across the distributor, MCO and wider Global customer and category teams in order to support the progressive development of the brand agenda in SCR E-Commerce.
- Activity planning and link into S&OP
- Develop comprehensive full mix plans to contribute towards the annual activity planning cycle.
- Ensure that all activity is appropriately planned internally and externally and linked into the S&OP process.
- Investment Optimisation
- Ensure that all E-commerce promotional and activity plans are considerate of appropriate financial (margin) metrics and targets.
- Ensure all activity has a clear objective and KPIs set that are reviewed in a post-activity review.
- Extensive experience working in an FMCG company, preferably personal care/beauty orientated.
- Strong E-Commerce Account and digital experience - must have experience of having sole responsibility for managing an E-Commerce customer.
- Understanding of Business Planning (S&OP)
- Activating the customer/channel Business Plan
- Business and Financial understanding.
- High level of presentation and communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, change and matrix management.
- Demonstrates SOLs, ability to identify develop and coach talent
- Make a positive difference to every day to ensure a great place to work.
- Live the standards of leadership.
- Prioritise personal & team development.