Deskside Support Engineer III
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company, is currently seeking a Deskside Support Engineer III based on their customer site in Capenhurst (Cheshire) This is a full-time, temporary role for approximately 12 weeks, Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm to start ASAP. The role is paying £20.41 per hour (Ltd/Umbrella).
** Please DO NOT apply if you do not have clearance**
This is a customer facing role and it is essential that a good relationship with the Client is achieved. Successful candidate will be part of a team of 4+ engineers tasked with deploying Windows 10 to the customer on a large site in Capenhurst who currently use Windows 7. The role requires excellent customer, software and timekeeping skills as deployments will be scheduled in advance. Candidates must be reliable and hold clearance.
- Desktop and laptop hardware deployment to Win10 in accordance with project schedule
- Required to follow migration procedures carefully
- Work under the direction of the Project Manager, highlight issues, escalations, mitigations.
- Adhere to customer, HSSE and Security Policies
- Good communication skills, able to deal with customers professionally
- Clearance is essential
- Excellent timekeeping is essential to maintain overall schedule
- Reliability, due to impact on team and schedule
- A broad technical knowledge of PC's/peripherals and their architecture
- A minimum of 1 years' experience in desktop support/hardware refreshes
- Good working knowledge of current software packages
- Good working knowledge of operating system - Win7 and Win10
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure
- Ability to work on own initiative/be completely self-sufficient, address and resolve problems in a pressurised environment
- Ability to diagnose faults in the hardware/software/operating systems used by the customer
- Contributes to, supports and works within the team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills