Excellent opportunity for a skilled Technician to work in a talented team for a successful and growing, cutting-edge Cambridge Technology company.
The role would suit an experienced Technician who is passionate and engaged with their work. You will have initiative and the ability to multitask, working autonomously as part of a highly-skilled team where you will make an important contribution. You will be highly organised and an investigative problem-solving character, able to clearly demonstrate practical and technical ability.
- Microscope work carrying out build and assembly (involving tweezers and knife work, soldering, gluing and laser welding)
- Assisting with the assembly and preparation of experiments
- Running experiments then collecting and collating test data (with supervision and assistance)
- Working alongside our teams and providing support to the software, mechanical and control and test engineers
- Maintenance and improvement of bespoke test equipment
- Assisting with the build of precision prototype parts
- Lab housekeeping - ensuring correct stock levels are maintained along with a clean and tidy workshop environment
- Time will rotate between microscope work and running of tests/collation of data
Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with microscopes for small scale assembly work desirable
- Familiar with milling, drilling and soldering desirable
- Practical experience either through work, study or perhaps personal interest/hobby
- Basic assembly and workshop skills essential
- Design and build skills essential
- Ability to multitask and prioritise
- Ability to work as part of a team but also self-motivated to work autonomously
The company offers highly competitive salary and supporting package, opportunities to develop, travel internationally, especially China, friendly and inclusive social scene, free fruit, tea and coffee, breakout area with games and activities, cycle to work scheme, etc.
Please apply with a comprehensive CV detailing your experience.