Minerals Mine Worker
Manpower currently have an exciting opportunity for a Minerals Mine Worker to join one of our clients based in Aberfeldy.
The role of Minerals Mine Worker utilizes exploration, mining, sampling, testing, and heavy equipment to expedite crude (barite and bentonite) materials to the Mill/Plant for processing. Crude materials are transported by the Minerals Mine Worker via heavy trucks and trailers. The Minerals Mine Worker is tasked with operating heavy and mobile equipment, sampling tools, monitoring mine production, and perform required maintenance/troubleshooting in a Mine/Field environment.
Tasks can vary, according to job assignment.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Operate mining and heavy/mobile production equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Prevent product non-conformity by understanding Quality requirements and reporting deviations to Mine Management.
- Maintain a safe, clean, environmentally sound work area.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and Mine Management.
- Report unsafe acts, or deviations from SLB HSE Standards to Mine Management.
- Ensure equipment is maintained in optimal condition, by using proven preventive maintenance systems, as delegated by Mine Management.
- Wear all appropriate PPE required for all tasks.
- Actively Participate in Continuous Improvement efforts of the Mine Operations.
- Employ STOP Work Authority to protect people, the environment, and assets.
- Maintain professional work ethic.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
- Minimum - High School Education, or equivalent.
- Ability to understand tasks associated with mining and production operations.
- Ability to understand Mine machinery/equipment operations.
Interested apply now!