Project Engineer, £25-30k DOE - Portsmouth
Day shift hours, Monday to Thursday - 8.5 hours, Friday - 4.5 hours
Manpower are delighted to offer an opportunity to work for one of our most prestigious clients; the position is to work for a highly respected business that offers technology and professional services to the defence, energy, space, intelligence and communications industry.
Our client is looking to recruit a Project Engineer to enhance their established team based at Portsmouth.
The role of the Project Engineer is to provide information to the Project Manager to enable accurate project planning, including providing detail of work packages, breakdown of tasks and estimates of the scale of the work required to complete the project.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward-thinking company whose mission-critical equipment operates effectively in the world's most challenging environments. Your additional responsibilities will include;
- Creating and maintaining specifications, project BOM's and other documentation required to deliver the technical content of the project. Furthermore, the successful candidate will be expected to deliver regular reports on the progress of projects as well as holding regular reviews to ensure the right approach is being followed, and that any requirements for additional expertise are addressed. Other tasks will include identifying technical risks to the Project Manager and work on the appropriate strategies for risk management.
- There will also be opportunities to lead on the design and development of activities relating to the project, whilst providing technical guidance to the engineering resources assigned, including managing the flow of information from technical specialists undertaking work related to the project.
To be successful in this role you will be a highly motivated team player who is degree qualified and ideally worked within a defence environment. In addition, you will be expected to have the following:
- HND or Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Chemical Engineering or related subject
- Ability to build long-term successful client partnerships, both internally and externally
- You will also need to have passed UK security clearance to Security Check level or be able to obtain this level.
In return you will receive an excellent remuneration package of £25-30k, dependant upon experience as well as;
- 25 Days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Onsite parking
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please do not hesitate to apply today! or call Rhys at Manpower Fareham