Assistant Brand Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, a leading global FMCG company with brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum as an Assistant Brand Manager based at their prestigious facility in Blackfriars, London. This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 6 months, working a 36.25-hour week. The role may require some international travel. This role is paying up to £36500 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
This individual will be reporting to the Global Brand Manager for the Fabric Sensations category, to work on an important and premium platform targeting high LSM sensorial-seeking consumers.
- New product innovation/restagers management - will independently lead the launch of a product from start to end.
- Idea generation/concept writing, pack design, product design and communications development such as Digital, TVC, Packs Shopper, Sampling, PR.
- Project management - building & leading project networks and defining key milestones, following up with team members to ensure project is launched on time in full.
- Analyse available information by target market, define gaps and new information sources needed to develop the plans (market sizes, price, pack sizes, etc.)
- Develop an in-depth understanding of local markets, consumers and shoppers - the business environment in which the brands compete including category segments, channels and target audience.
- Help the creation and implementation of market research briefs/product briefs to prepare and validate the brand launch.
- Monitor and review effectiveness of project implementation and brand performance, to propose corrective actions.
- Lead and influence cross-functional teams including Finance, CMI, CTI, R&D, Supply Chain to ensure successful project implementation.
Key Skills Required:
- University Degree with at least 3 years marketing experience (brand management preferred).
- A passion for brand development, digital, activation and Unilever.
- Experience with innovation and/or restager projects.
- Positive, assertive yet empathetic leadership, with exceptional 'soft skills'.
- Enable delivery through high degrees of collaboration and partnership, especially among different countries, agencies and multifunctional teams.
- Experience working in Asian or European markets would be beneficial (particularly the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand and/or UK&I, Germany, France, the Netherlands).
- Must be adaptive, show extremely high commitment to work with many and different project and be a fast learner to deliver results quickly.
- Ability to work in a highly competitive and high-pressured environment.
- Homecare product background would be an advantage but is not essential.