HR Business Partner
Manpower is currently recruiting for a HR Business Partner to work on exciting temporary assignment at the Open University based in Milton Keynes.
A key role in the Human Resources team, the HRBP acts as the interface between HR and business units and Faculties. You will provide high quality, business focused and strategic level advice, guidance and support to the Head of Unit and their management team. Through in-depth knowledge of the business unit, its priorities and the external market, you will deliver a range of strategic and operational people solutions to align people plans with business unit and organisational goals.
You will act as custodian of the People strategy at unit level and provide strategic and operational support relating to the implementation of the People Strategy. You will bring to life the HR vision and be an ambassador and role model of the HR Brand, demonstrate excellent personal and team leadership.
You will take a leading role in ensuring the HR operating model is embedded within business units and HR successfully.
- Chartered Membership of CIPD or commensurate experience
- Educated to degree level or vocational equivalent
- Current and best practice HR knowledge with experience working with: talent development and organisation design, reward, change and performance management, ER, employee engagement, bid preparation and mobilisation support.
- Extensive experience in the delivery of HR service to autonomous business units in a complex, multi-functional organisation to deadlines
- Proven track record of understanding key drivers in a relevant business area and working in partnership with managers to measurably improve people management practices.
- An up to date understanding of all aspects of employment law, best practice and current thinking in HR management.
- Excellent customer and relationship management skills with the professional and personal credibility to influence at senior levels, even against resistance. Builds and manages mutually beneficial partnerships and networks, both internally and externally, and effectively resolves complex situations and conflict.
- Highly developed stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to manage both the commerical and HR agenda, providing effective challenge and negotiating as appropriate to deliver win-win outcomes.
- Results-orientated and passionate about delivering an excellent customer service that enables high business performance. Strong drive, commitment, tenacity and resilience to lead and sustain change and improvement. Ability to priritise and deliver measurables to deadlines.
- Experience of Higher Education sector
- Experience of leading complex change projects within a large, unionised organisation
- Excellent data manipulation and analytical skills
- Previous line management experience and experience of line managing in a matrix management environment would be
- Project Management qualification
If you're looking for an exciting temporary position starting immediately, please apply here today!