Warehouse Operative / Driver - Glasgow
An Amazing opportunity has arisen for a Warehouse Operative/Driver to work full time at our client's site in Glasgow. The working hours are 9.00am - 5.00pm 7.5 hours a day, paying £9.13 p/h this role is to start ASAP and will be up until the end of August 2019, with a possibility to extend.
Our client invents and manufactures technologies that address some of the world's most critical challenges around energy, safety, security, productivity and global urbanization. We are uniquely positioned to blend physical products with software to support connected systems that improve homes, buildings, factories, utilities, vehicles and aircraft, and that enable a safer, more comfortable and more productive world. Our solutions enhance the quality of life of people around the globe and create new markets and even new industries.
- Picking: Accurately collect parts from various locations within the warehouse without introducing errors.
- Packing: To consolidate picked goods in a secure manner for direct shipment to external/internal customers. 100% double check on picked items to achieve very high accuracy levels.
- Dispatch: Consolidate packages on the relevant pallet and prepare for collection, i.e. pallet wrapping / loading into carrier cages.
- Goods Inwards: Check deliveries for damage and check against the delivery note to ensure that we have received the correct quantities of the correct products.
- Communication & serving at trade counter: On a day-to-day basis communication between various departments is normal. Responsibility for dealing with day-to-day enquiries in a friendly yet professional manner applies.
- Multi drop Driving around 3 hours a day
- Assisting with the sales counter
Skills and Experience
- Previous Warehouse experience
- Able to work in a team
- Strong Communication skills
- Be able to work under pressure
- UK driver's license essential
**A Drug Screening will be required**