Night Shift Supervisor (manufacturing/machine ops)
Night Shift Supervisor - Manufacturing
Due to YOY consistent growth, regular investment into new equipment & acquisitions in their market; my Client have now introduced a night shift (1900 - 0700) to their Wirral based site, & I am looking to speak with Candidates who can demonstrate relevant experience, & a strong desire to succeed & deliver at the highest of standards on the night shift.
What will you be responsible for as Night Shift Supervisor:
You will actively supervise all activities within both manual & automated production areas, thus ensuring targets relating to Production, Quality, Health and Safety, are met & exceeded where possible - encouraging the enhancement rates for the Machine Operatives where possible.
How will your success be measured:
- Supervision & direction of the Production Team ensuring maximum output, whilst maintaining health, safety & quality always.
- Allocation of strongest resources are in place to ensure daily/weekly production targets are achieved.
- Management of down time of production equipment and ensure procedures relating to down time are adhered to, including operator care programmes.
- Implementation of periodic checks throughout the shift to ensure targets are being achieved where possible.
- Check & maintain material availability prior to production runs starting to ensure planned quantities are achieved.
- Ensure all production employees adhere to company Quality procedures and processes, enforcing the discipline that all quality failures are repaired by the originator.
- Implement periodic quality inspections to ensure customer expectations are being achieved, and that the product output levels meet internal specification/ tolerance levels.
- Ensure all production employees adhere to company H&S procedures with regard to PPE, accident/incident reporting etc.
- Assist in the induction process and training of all new production employees, ensuring that a safe system of work is maintained at all time.
- Ensuring that all training records are maintained and updated & any training requirements are identified at the earliest opportunity.
- Ensure finished goods and timber storage areas are kept in an orderly fashion to ensure stock can be counted without personal risk.
- Implement Housekeeping initiatives to ensure production areas are kept in tidy and orderly, including the management & reduction of waste/scrap bins.
- Manage timekeeping, attendance to ensure weekly KPI's are not affected.
- Management of overtime to ensure site targets are achieved.
- Cover for other members of the team as and when required
Sounds like something you want to be a part of?
Call me - Jayne 07484044731