Infrastructure Support Specialist IV
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company, is currently seeking an Infrastructure Support Specialist IV based on their customer site in Yeovil. This is a full-time, permanent role to start ASAP. Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm, 37.5 hours per week. The role is paying up to £42,000 per annum depending on experience
This role is to fulfil a requirement for a skilled VMware VDC and VDI engineer with a high-level knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server services plus Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows 10 in a virtual environment. Knowledge of VMware with NVidia Grid would be advantageous.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in successfully delivering a range of support functions in systems installation, monitoring, troubleshooting and diagnostics. The role will be based at a Customer site in Yeovil and will involve:
- liaising with internal and customer teams to deliver 1st, 2nd and 3rd line technical support;
- providing Systems Administration including implementation, configuration and maintenance;
- out of hours work as required to meet Customer needs.
The successful candidate must be willing to go on 24x7 "On-call" support rotation if required
The successful candidates will require the following for the role:
- Detailed knowledge of VMware technologies - vCenter, vRealise, VDC, VDI, App Volumes and App Stacks and ESXi - from image and app creation / management to troubleshooting VMware technologies;
- Detailed knowledge of creating and managing Windows 7 and Windows 10 images;
- Good knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and above;
- Good knowlegde of Microsoft Active Directory/Domain Services, Certificate Services, Cluster Services, DHCP, DNS, File and Print Services, Group Policy, NPS;
- Good knowlegde of Microsoft Exchange 2007 and above;
- Good knowledge of Linux and an understanding of HPC;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL administration;
- Good understanding of storage platforms (in particular NetApp) and SAN technologies;
- Strong troubleshooting skills;
- Good scripting skills - vbscript, Microsoft Powershell;
- Knowledge of help desk system and managing service requests / incidents / problems;
- Respond to users with set service level agreements (SLA's);
- Provide 3rd line technical support and assist 1st/2nd line support resolution;
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet agreed build standards;
- Ability to explain technical concepts and provide guidance to the Customer;
- Ability to write technical documentation for all aspects of the technical infrastructure;
- Good organisational skills;
- Good communication skills.
Additional duties will include:
- Assisting the 3rd Line Support Teams with projects and problem resolution;
- Assisting the 3rd line support Team with Microsoft Windows support where applicable.
We're looking for a person with 2 years plus relevant working experience with VMware technologies, Microsoft, Linux and storage technologies. In addition to the above candidates will also have a good all round knowledge of networking and backup technologies.
- Demonstration of the above skill set via experience/training/certification;
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills;
- Good project management skills.
- VMware certification;
- Microsoft training/certification;
- Microsoft Windows 7 and above experience;
- Microsoft IIS/SharePoint experience;
- Cisco networking;
- 1x experience;
- Unix scripting;
- Knowledge of I B M P6 and P7 systems (HMCs, VIOs, LPARs, etc.);
- Veritas NetBackup experience;
- ITIL certification.