Mobile Desktop Support Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue chip IT company, is currently seeking a Mobile Desktop Support Engineer to work on various customer accounts in and around South East London. This is a full-time, permanent role, Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week (generally 9am-5.15pm), to start ASAP. The package is circa up to £30,400 per annum, pro rata. Salary - £24,000 + £1966 Inner London Allowance + £4440 car allowance, per annum depending on experience. Ideally based in Reading, Maidenhead, Camberley, Bracknell etc.
To work in a team of mobile desktop support engineers on various accounts providing support for EUWS (end user work stations). The applicant should be professional & well presented. They need to be able to pick up and move PC equipment when required while working on their own. They will be required to travel to various sites in and around South East London and to provide backfill when required. Flexibility is key when working on various accounts and start/finish times.
Applicants must have a full drivers licence.
- Resolution of pc software and basic hardware issues (battery swap, HDD swap and the like)
- Building (o/s and required software) and deploying pcs (desktop and notebook)
- Communication through call logging system or by account leadership
- To ensure that all EUC devices are built and deployed and that continuation support is then provided.
- Ensure all IMACs are completed on time.
- Ensure all incidents are completed on time.
- Work to stringent SLA's
- Escalate any issues to management teams
- Applicants must have a full valid UK driving licence.
- Experience with VIP support
- Good communication/relationship skills
- PC literate
- Familiar with processes and procedures
- Experience of working in a IT support environment
- Knowledge of handheld devices
- Good team player but able to work effectively on own initiative.
- Knowledge of call logging tools.
- Able to adapt to change.
- Good customer facing skills.
- Demonstrating a self-disciplined approach to work.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet SLA's and remain calm in stressful situations.
- Good Organisational skills.
- Methodical approach to tasks.
- Good administration skills
Good knowledge\experience in the below;
- MS windows Operating Systems
- MS Exchange
- MS office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- MS Outlook 2007\2010
- Antivirus applications
- Remote desktop takeover tools
- Desktop/printer configurations