Our client requires a proactive and highly competent EC&I Technician to join the team at our Knottingley Site in West Yorkshire. The purpose of the role is the effective implementation of maintenance and development on the Electrical, Instrument and Control Systems on site to facilitate the throughput and recycling of solvent waste streams on behalf of customers.
Our client is a business organisation dedicated to the assessment, treatment and final disposal of waste, as well as providing consultancy, industrial clean-up, fuel storage services and chemical services.
- As a highly competent electrical/instrument technician you will implement effective maintenance and project work to the highest possible standards of both safety and quality in a timely manner.
- Directly responsible for your own experienced actions and those within your charge (such as apprentices, contractors and less experienced technicians), so that work is undertaken to the company's requirements and safety instructions.
- Will actively assist in improving plant performance via continuous improvement processes, such as Reliability Centred Maintenance - preventative / predictive maintenance programme.
- Ensures that the required records are kept up to date to satisfy the requirements of legislation related to plant maintenance schedules, etc.
- Provide first line maintenance support to production facilitating fault diagnosis to root cause on critical plant and equipment in timely manner. This may involve flexible working.
- Take autonomous action when appropriate to maintain SHE systems on site keeping your manager fully informed of your actions.
- To be fully competent and engaged in the use of the sites CMMS, both facilitating the production of work activities as well as updating equipment history via job closure / follow up.
- Industry legislation.
- Health and Safety Legislation
- Engineering and other plant maintenance standards.
- Qualified to a minimum of ONC / NVQ Level 3 Instrument and Control Engineering (or equivalent).
- Proven experience in the maintenance of hazardous area Electrical, Instrument and Control Systems, the latest standards (DSEAR /ATEX), project engineering and modern computer based control systems
- Computer literate including CMMS. E.g. SAP
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- HV / LV distribution and control equipment
- PLC and SCADA
- Pressure, temperature, Level and flow calibration and proof testing / diagnostics
- Inspection & testing of electrical circuitry
What Is on Offer:
Our client offers a great package for the right candidate. Competitive salary, Pension Scheme, Quarterly bonus scheme, Life Assurance Scheme (4x salary), 25 days holiday + bank and public holiday. Hours of work are 8.00am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday 40 hours per week. Once deemed competent, the successful candidate will be required to be on call one week in three. There will be a daily payment for each day on call plus overtime