Warehouse Operative / Driver
An Amazing opportunity has arisen for a Warehouse Operative/Driver to work full time at our client's site in Rochdale. The working hours are 9.00am - 5.00pm 7.5 hours a day, paying £9.13 p/h this role is to start ASAP and will be up until the end of August 2019.
This role in Rochdale going to be mostly based in the warehouse, sorting out the DPD, picking orders and delivering some in a van.
Health and safety: Must ensure that safe working practices as stipulated by the company are adhered to at all times. Undertake any relevant HSE training as required.
Answering the phone at busy times.
Purpose of the Job
This role will be based in the goods in section of the warehouse working as part of a team under supervisory guidance. Involved in all aspects of shipping, receiving and handling of materials. Ship all daily requirements to meet and exceed customer demand/requirements and very high levels of accuracy.
- Reports to the Warehouse supervisor
- Health and safety: Must ensure that safe working practices as stipulated by the company are adhered to at all times. Undertake any relevant HSE training as required.
- Picking: Accurately collect parts from various locations within the warehouse without introducing errors.
- Packing: To consolidate picked goods in a secure manner for direct shipment to external/internal customers. 100% double check on picked items to achieve very high accuracy levels.
- Despatch: Consolidate packages on the relevant pallet and prepare for collection, i.e. pallet wrapping / loading into carrier cages.
- Goods Inwards: Check deliveries for damage and check against the delivery note to ensure that we have received the correct quantities of the correct products. Using Rf scanners
- Communication: On a day-to-day basis communication between various departments is normal. Responsibility for dealing with day-to-day enquiries in a friendly yet professional manner applies to all logistics staff.
- Operation of a Powered industrial truck is required, if operator holds licence and is authorised.
**Drug Screening will be conducted on all successful candidates**