HGV Chargehand/Supervisor - Ruislip
£35,000 - £40,000 PER ANNUM + BENEFITS
MONDAY - FRIDAY - 08:00 AM - 17:00 PM
My client's Emergency Services & Training is one of the largest providers of support services to the emergency services sector. They manage vehicles, equipment and facilities on behalf of the London Fire Brigade, Metropolitan Police Service, New Dimension, Highways Agency and Associated British Ports, managing vehicles, equipment, facilities and training. They deliver value for money solutions via a proven approach that enables them to optimise assets and increase availability, while providing a complete and resilient service.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- To ensure all vehicle and operational equipment assets are specified and manufactured to meet Client OBS (Output Based Specifications) and to develop detailed technical specifications to enable the end product to be produced.
- To be the lead investigator of all Safety Events reported by the Client through examination, evidencing, investigation and reporting.
- To support the Fleet Engineer in all aspects of his duty and deputise for him as necessary.
- To compile technical documents including Aide Memoires, Technical Bulletins, Work Instructions and Operator Handbooks for external and internal distribution.
- To be the focal point for all Engineering queries
- To work with other departments in order to proactively review defect trends and failures and suggest, design and implement engineering solutions to result in defect reduction.
- To attend meetings with the Client and suppliers as required, on and off site.
- To keep up to date with and suggest improvements in the applicable standards relating to the Client's fleet of vehicles and equipment including, but not limited to, DVSA, NFCC, Client and/or specific and corporate requirements.
- To take a pro-active role in the continuous improvement process applied to vehicle and operational equipment inspection, servicing and repair processes and associated documentation
- Use talent and ability to encourage achievement and continuous improvement.
- To demonstrate safety, integrity and commitment at all times.
- Maintain excellent levels of communication throughout the team and the wider business.
- To carry out any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy customer needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to influence at all levels.
- High level of computer literacy across MS Office 2010.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Methodical investigation techniques
- Confidence when dealing with others
- Heavy Goods Vehicle maintenance processes
- Construction and Use Regulations
- Heavy Goods Vehicle apprenticeship or similar experience
- City and Guilds Parts 1 and 2
- Report writing
- Project management
- NFCC and London Fire Brigade-specific maintenance standards
- Emergency Services Vehicles and Equipment/operations and/or maintenance.
- Fleet Engineering experience
- NetVu ObserVer
- BTEC National Certificate in Motor Vehicle Engineering (or similar)
- Member of the Institute of Road Transport Engineers
- Prince2 (or similar)
- Full UK Class C driving licence
For more information on this role please contact me on 01895 205 493 or email me at Jamie.Rogan @ manpower .co .uk
"HGV" "LFB" "Technician" "Chargehand" "Supervisor" "Automotive" "London Fire Brigade"