Network Operations Engineer III
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company, is currently seeking a Network Operations Engineer III based on their customer site in Gatwick. This is a Full-time, permanent role working shifts to start ASAP. The role is paying up to £45,000 per annum depending on experience.
Required to work as part of a team providing Network Infrastructure support across a large client location. It is a shift position working both days & late nights, 7 by 24 as part of a shift team on a rotating pattern.
The tasks will include (but not limited to):
- Network installations and support.
- Troubleshooting issues on all networking infrastructure.
- Being a primary point of contact for user issues and queries.
- Configuring and deploying network equipment.
- Adhering to strict policies and processes around security and data protection.
- Maintaining and managing the content and accuracy of the customer's asset database.
- Ensuring SLA requirements and Customer Satisfaction metrics are on or above target.
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive and meaningful updates in the customer's ticket handling system.
- Ensuring the escalation process is followed and any issues are communicated appropriately to the company and customer management teams.
- H P E Network preferably ASE or MASE
Or Cisco equivalent preferably CCNP or CCNA or above
- Proven networking background
- Exceptional customer service skills including the ability to simplify technical detail
- Highly organised with the ability to work in a fast-paced, structured manner to meet tight deadlines
- Confident, collaborative working style and able to interface with people of all levels.
- Proactive approach to work activities & support of colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to recognise and react to situations with a sense of urgency and problem ownership.
- Must have a strong understanding of all major aspects of systems and network equipment HW and FW/SW & knowledge of multiple platforms.
- Knowledge of Cisco, Aruba Wireless, Palo Alto Network Device (firewall), Bluecoat Packet shapers, Inflobox, Fortinet Firewalls.
- Network Management: H P E IMC
- ITIL Service Management Foundation
- Experience of IT incident management
- Fluke & other cable test equipment
- Though not required Security clearance would be helpful