Competitor Intelligence Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client, the powerhouse behind Magnum, Solero, Cornetto and Ben & Jerrys, are currently seeking a Competitor Intelligence Manager based at their global HQ in Blackfriars, London. This is a full-time temporary role for 6 months paying between £55,200 and £69,000 per annum pro rata PAYE or up to £344 per day as a Limited Company Contractor.
Brief Job Description and Key Accountabilities:
The CI teams primary mission is to change organisational behaviour by driving a competitor focussed mindset and supporting a culture of anticipating & responding to our competitors moves. CI adds value to the business by identifying unique competitive insights, recognizing the strategic behaviour of competitors, and challenging the Unilever organisation to ensure that we act on these insights.
The role supports multiple leadership teams, collaborating with our network across key markets on specific projects. The teams key accountability is the injection of Competitor Intelligence into Strategy formation and core execution processes. It creates and communicates a comprehensive understanding of the main competitors, and uses this to challenge our strategies and plans, often through workshops.
The role requires:
- Clear and insightful analysis of our key competitors, covering their leadership, performance, strategies and activities
- Provision of this competitor information to leadership in advance of strategic choices being made together with firm recommendations for action.
- Being completely up to date on the external economic context and key competitive moves globally
Specifically, the successful candidate will:
- Prepare for and run workshops on key cells
- Promote widespread use of best practice across the organisation.
- Perform regular competitor analyses, identifying trends and anticipating key competitor moves, sharing with divisional and brand leadership teams as appropriate
- Summarise quarterly performance and strategic updates for key competitors
- Deliver consolidated competitor quarterly results packs, and share amongst Corporate and Divisional leadership teams
- Support existing / build x- functional competitor networks (among R&D, finance, marketing / brand teams)
- Significant experience in a business/consumer focused analytical role from a marketing, finance or similar background with managerial exposure.
- Good knowledge of Finance or Marketing and exposure to digital sales and marketing concepts is useful.
- The role requires a blend of inquisitiveness, analytics and a bias to action which allows patterns to be perceived in sparse data. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a pro-active attitude are required.
- Strong Excel skills for analysis e.g. pivot tables, conditional formatting etc.
- Strong attention to detail, both in written and numerical work.
- Competent in analytical thinking - able to perceive what is going on and develop perspective.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills. Comfortable dealing with senior leaders, sometimes in challenging situations.
- Strong self-starter with the ability to influence teams to act on competitor insights.