Manpower is currently recruiting for a Commissioning Officer to work on a temporary assignment within a local authority based in Chichester. This is a full-time position starting on 5th August 2019 until 5th November 2019.
As part of the Integrated Adult Care Commissioning Team you will support the Council, and specifically Adult Services, to meet these challenges and the increasing demands placed on the health and social care sector.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To identify key findings through research and their implication for improving services over both the short and long term.
- Report, present and disseminate results in appropriate formats to suit the needs of different audiences, recommending courses of action and providing advice on the impact and implications of the results and present the case for adopting a course of action that might otherwise not be taken.
- To manage projects and challenge existing practices and generating ideas and solutions, recognising and balancing risks with reward, meeting agreed timescales.
- Design and develop research, gathering strategies and methodologies that best suit the aims and objectives of specific projects and which enable performance to be measured effectively and planning decisions to be better informed.
- Analyse very varied and complex statistical information for the ongoing monitoring of projects / contract performance / costs as part of the commissioning process.
- Communicate with and develop good working relationships with a range of partners and stakeholders in order to develop expertise and provide in-depth specialist advice and information.
- Take a lead on creating strategic commissioning solutions to meet the Adults Social Care requirements. Role impacts on Adult Services in terms of commissioning services.
- Take a lead on creating contract management and monitoring solutions to meet the requirements of individual/groups of services. Including identification and evaluation of technological and electronic tools to improve efficiency of service performance / contract compliance.
- To secure by negotiation and other commissioning / purchasing techniques, maximum economic advantage from the purchasing power available to the county council and other partner bodies thereby obtaining best value for money whilst still meeting the demands of public accountability, professional ethics and the necessity of users to receive goods and services of the right quality at the right time and at the right place.
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of high risk / high value complex projects, ensuring that their development and renewal through a complex procurement process complies with Standing Orders on Procurement and Contracts, Statutory Instruments and European Union (EU) Procurement Directives.
- Negotiate with contractors where performance levels are not met, in order to make decisions which they would not otherwise wish to make to affect an improvement in contract delivery.
- Line manage a team of officers as appropriate to the organisational structure of the Integrated Adult care Commissioning Team to include workload planning, personal development reviews etc.Relevant advanced theoretical or organisational knowledge of systems, procedures and policies associated with operating a demanding commissioning and/or procurement project.
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- Knowledge of effective qualitative and quantitative research, evaluation, consultation and information gathering techniques. Knowledge of Adult Social Care services to support the commissioning of services and the process of creating/developing tenders/contracts.
- Service Commissioning and procurement knowledge
- Sound and accurate IT knowledge e.g. Microsoft Office.
If you're looking for a rewarding role supporting your local community, please apply here today!