Manpower are currently looking for a SHEQ Engineer in Birmingham on a full time, permanent basis.
As a SHEQ Engineer, you will be a valued member of the Quality Department offering support to the business on issues related to Quality, Continuous Improvement and Health, Safety & Environment. To work both independently and as a team to ensure compliance to local and legal standards and to drive improvements across the business.
Roles and functions include:
- Ensuring the Quality Management System is developed and maintained.
- Carry out internal audits checking for compliance to our SOP's and legal standards.
- Prepare relevant document for external audits.
- Liaise with members of the supply chain to feedback findings and drive improvements.
- To educate and implement continuous improvement techniques across the Birmingham Site.
- Liaise with departments in relation to potential disruptions/problems and identify ways to contain them, leading to implementing processes or procedures to prevent reoccurrence in the future.
- Carry out workshops with the aim of reducing waste, cutting costs and improving service.
- Actively seek improvements to products, process and systems, both across the supply chain and within the Birmingham Site.
- Ensuring documentation is present, accurate and up to date, these include but are not limited to: Risk Assessments, COSHH Assessments and MAC Assessments.
- Ensure relevant training is carried out and up to date.
- Where required, carry out investigations into incidents.
- Provide statistical data on accidents, utility consumption etc. to both local and European Health and Safety Teams.
- Liaise with local and European Health and Safety Mangers/Consultants to ensure compliance to company and legal standards.
Should you wish to find out more about this position or would like to know more about the company before applying, please get in touch with the Manpower branch in Birmingham and speak to Ryan Gillespie.