Nights Hotel Receptionist/Supervisor - Headingly, Leeds
NIGHTS HOTEL RECEPTIONIST/SUPERVISOR
£20,000 - £22,000 PER ANNUM
5 OUT OF 7 DAYS ON A ROTATIONAL BASIS - 19:00 PM - 07:00 AM
My client are a 4* hotel based in Headingley and are now looking to recruit a Nights Supervisor to work on the front desk during the night shift which is between 19:00 pm - 07:00 am. They are looking for candidates that ideally have previous experience within the industry and are confident in resolving queries for customers whilst providing the highest level of customer service to their guests.
- To be responsible for the safety and security of guests and staff, and the smooth running of the hotel at night.
- To manage the shift activities at Front Office, acting as a liaison between guests and staff in order to provide efficient, prompt, courteous, trouble free and proactive service to customers; hence maximise room's revenue and guest satisfaction.
- The incumbent is fluent in Front Office operation's technology, is aware of the hotel's possibilities and limitations, and understands all aspects of hotel management.
- All work will be in line with the hotel's guidelines and business plan, the departmental business plan, and company guidelines and service concepts.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Achieves customer satisfaction and rooms revenue goals by supervising Front Office employees.
- Is proficient in all Front Office procedures.
- Utilise management skills to motivate and to maximise employee productivity and satisfaction.
- Recommends to Nigh Manager how to improve guest service and efficiency in Front Office operations.
- Supervises and participates in the prompt and courteous check-in, check-out and servicing of guests.
- Records in the Duty Manager book any incidents occurred in the hotel and follows-up with the department concerned.
- Communicates open and closed dates, availability and condition of rooms to appropriate individuals.
- Knows current rooms availability, and is familiar with future availability.
- Keeps effective key control.
- Ensures that guest mail and messages are delivered promptly.
- Controls room rates, and brings rate changes in the attention of the Night Manager.
- Oversees the proper handling of advance deposits.
- Runs a credit check report, and analyses it for possible doubtful accounts.
- Checks that discount, billing instructions, and credit policies are followed, and takes action when needed.
- Authorise paid-outs and discounts.
- Checks the daily arrival list, and makes necessary preparations if hotel is sold out.
- Investigate all walk-outs, and complete relevant forms.
- Completes all forms in cases of accident or theft in the hotel during the shift and to liaise with Security as and when required.
- Brings needs for repair to the attention of the Front Office Manager.
- Performs night audit duties as required by policy and procedure
Liaison Between Guests and Management
- Handles promptly and courteously problems regarding customer room accommodations and rates, notify appropriate Department Head when needed.
- Handles promptly and courteously all guest comments, complaints, requests or inquiries; takes necessary action, and thorough follow-up.
- Greets and escorts returning guests and VIP's to guestrooms upon check-in.
- Handles personally walk-outs in fully booked situations.
- Assists with guest enquiries to show meeting facilities, guest bedrooms and other public space to potential guests.
Fluent in Front Office Technology
- Is fully conversant with the hotel reservation system.
- Is able to operate switchboard, telefax, key equipment, credit card, machines and printers, hotel alarm systems, and other Front Office equipment, and is able to make basic updates and changes when needed.
- Is able to operate and maintain any system back-up to above equipment as required.
Security & Health & Safety
- Liaises with Security regarding hotel checks if any on site.
- Is fully conversant with the hotel's credit policy.
- Liaises with Security and the Head Housekeeper regarding lost and found objects.
- Liaises with Security in investigation of thefts, and irregularities.
- Informs the Night Manager of doubtful guest accounts.
- Is familiar with the policy of issuing keys out of office hours.
- Tours all areas of the hotel on a regular basis to report irregularities to appropriate Department Heads, and Security.
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported and removed immediately.
- Fully understands the hotel's fire, emergency, and bomb procedures.
- Ensures that emergency procedures are enforced to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees.
For more information, please contact me on 01895 205493 or email me at Jamie.Rogan @ manpower .co .uk
"Hotel" "Front of House" "Reception" "Receptionist" "Nights" "Night Shift" "Hospitality"