An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip company, responsible for the manufacture of PG Tips, is currently seeking Packing Operatives, based at Trafford Park, Manchester. This is a full-time, temporary role potentially up to Middle of March 2020 and possibly longer. These roles will include 3 rotating shifts to include nights paying £9.85 per hour. There is also weekend shifts available (Days and Nights) paying £12.15 per hour.
3 Rotating Shift Pattern;
- Week A: Monday 6.50-15.00, Tuesday to Friday 6.50 - 14:00 (36 hours 50 mins)
- Week B: Monday to Thursday 21.50-07.00 (36 hours 40 mins)
- Week C: Monday to Thursday 13.50-22.00, Friday 13.50-21.00 (39 hours 50 mins)
Weekend Shift Pattern;
- Week A: Friday 20.50-07.00, Saturday to Sunday 18.50-07.00 (34 hours 30 mins)
- Week B: Saturday to Sunday 06.50-19.00 (24hours 20 mins)
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
- Manual unfolding, filling and hooding of a Trade unit box with cartons of finished products.
- Putting on to the conveyor for labelling, removing at the other end and manually stacking.
- Assisting operator with Carton loading, reel loading and Hygiene and housekeeping.
- Manually logging material usage for traceability.
- Support of rework area as required supporting the management of rework stock
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Key Skills and Job Tasks
- Ensure that Safety practices are observed at all times.
- Being aware of health or safety hazards / near misses
- Noting danger or warning symbols
- Noting unusual occurrences
- Checking work completion instruction
- Checking reworked product relabelling/coding correct
- Checking work completion to current site standards
- Checking adherence to schedules
- Ensure correct completion of paperwork
- Following logical or systematic instruction
- Assists colleagues to meet deadlines
- Identifying problems in any physical process
- Breaking down a procedure into logical steps
- Escalate issues
- Comply with Manual handling regulations
- Working at Height Regulations
- Adhere to site quality standards in place on site
- Adhere to quality rework instruction and procedures including:
- Separation of product as per rework instruction
- Shreddings correctly allocated as per process
- Correct labelling of reworked product on production lines
Apply for Packing Operatives
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly