A confident and proactive administrator with strong interpersonal skills, is required to provide planning and business support to our client. Working within the Spent Fuel Branch of one of the UK's leading energy providers, the successful applicant will assist with the efficient management of spent nuclear fuel movement, de-fuelling work and radioactive material transport. This varied role will attract a conscientious team member, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- To provide short and medium term planning support to flask planner to ensure full benefit gained from current service levels.
- Support scheduling of successful flask and rail programme in line with direction from the flask planner.
- Lead document management quality accountability and corrective action focus for the Spent Fuel team, Dangerous Goods team and wider fuel team, producing relevant reports and KPI monitoring as required.
- Support to de-fuelling projects as representative of the spent fuel operations team, as required
- Interact with business units and stations support of activities, related to management of Spent Fuel and Dangerous Goods Transport
- Act as a team with all other Company personnel and departments to meet Waste & Decommissioning directorate business objectives
- Maintain strong clear information exchange with internal and external stakeholders
- Support flask planner in Spent Fuel team to ensure efficient management of spent nuclear fuel, radioactive material transport and de-fuelling and decommissioning planning.
- Lead document management process in Spent Fuel team including interrogation of key systems (specifically AMS, CDMS, CAP Workflow and spent fuel databases) to provide regular and ad hoc reports
- Provide ad hoc support to the Spent Fuel Branch Manager, Lifetime & De-fuelling Head of Function and lead teams with branch and departmental activities as required
- May be required to coach and supervise junior administrators within the wider function
- Perform role of Spent Fuel Planner when required.
- Provide support to the Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor (DGSA) team where required.
- Take ownership for, pro-actively manage and develop the suite of departmental documentation.
- Act as one of the primary departmental points of contact to answer routine questions and providing information on behalf of the department.
- Preparing programme / business level presentations, correspondence and reports on behalf of the team.
- Maintain and develop the wiki page for the function and facilitate any communications both within and outside the team.
- Maintain and pro-actively develop various departmental tracking tools relating to departmental improvement activities, training plans, Organisational learning
- Understanding of planning principles and logistics
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and company systems
- Working knowledge of internet related applications
- Numeracy skills and spreadsheet maintenance
- Organisational skills e.g. able to prioritise tasks according to importance
- Strong communication and team working skills to liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective time management
- Maintains high level of confidentiality
- Ability to summarise information in report format, within own area of expertise
- Experience of logistics and planning
- Experience within highly regulated industry
- Awareness of the nuclear industry.
- Basic knowledge of company business and station operations affecting own business unit area
Please note that this role is a full-time role (37 hours per week) and the successful candidate will be working for Manpower on an ongoing assignment with our client. Successful candidates will be required to undergo BPSS checks.