Head of Business Development - Financial
6 days left
Head of Business Development- £35000- £44000 Greater Manchester.
The Head of Business Development will have primary responsibility for delivering the new business component of the ambitious 5 year plan. This will have a specific focus to grow the volume of 3rd Party Loan Management services provided by Business Finance across the UK, supporting strategic planning for new business and opportunities.
Reporting to the Director of Business Finance the Business Development Manager is responsible for the successful identification, acquisition and retention of new profitable business to accelerate the growth aspirations of the company. The role will ensure that growth can be achieved more quickly and be sustained through great customer relationship management skills and account management of new customers.
- Identify and secure new business opportunities that align with the company strategic growth plan within key markets, creating additional profitable turnover.
- Develop and implement business growth strategies, to increase market share/penetration and stakeholder/customer engagement.
- Undertake prospect scanning. Support and challenge to identify the risks and opportunities within its core areas of business and consider new markets to explore.
- Maintain good market intelligence such that we obtain timely notice of any bidding or tendering opportunities in agreed market segments
- Lead on the communication strategy for stakeholders, key internal and external partners to develop new and existing relationships, to maximise business development opportunities.
- Develop an extended network of business introducers to deliver profitable growth to ensure achievement of performance targets.
- Identifying opportunities where value can be added by referring in wider Growth Company services
- Develop and agree a new business delivery plan with Senior Management Team, reporting on activity and achievement to Directors on a regular and timely basis.
- Managing activity within the agreed communication strategy to enhance the profile of Business Finance both within GM and nationally.
- Maximise marketing opportunities through networking and case studies by working effectively with the Marketing Manager.
- Promote the organisational vision, values and brand.
- Generate pipeline of new business development opportunities.
- Leading in the securing of new profitable and retainable contacts against agreed targets.
- Develop external network of new and existing introducers to the Business Finance.
- Develop the profile as the Manchester Fund Manager.
Proven track record of winning business in the financial services market. An understanding of the Alternative Finance market would be an advantage
Outstanding negotiator with experience of major bids and acquisition cycles.
Commercially astute with proven success in implementing sales, business growth and marketing strategies.
Very high level of interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent written, presentation and negotiation skills
Excellent problem solving, decision making and analytical capabilities
Excellent written report and bid writing skills
Able to communicate at Director level and above with clients and partners.
Ability to plan and to coordinate the implementation of business development plans and penetration of new market opportunities
Financially and commercially astute.
A good track record of developing new business in the SME area of the financial services sector
Banking or Finance sector
Knowledge of the CDFI sector and Alternative Finance Market an advantage.
Self-starter, innovative high energy and resilient
Systematic networker with a track record of translating networks to sales with the ability to influence both the customer and own organisation to find the mutually beneficial solutions
Ability to maintain exemplary levels of personal integrity and a highly ethical approach to business development. Focus on excellence.
If this sounds like you, please contact Mandy Thompson 01615032208
Apply for Head of Business Development - Financial
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly