Glazing Technician/ Optical Technician
Manpower are continuing to support one of our customers in Birmingham as they continue to introduce great people to their team.
Of which, they are currently looking for a Glazing Technician/ Optical Technician on a full time/ permanent basis.
As a Glazing Technician/ Optical Technician within this company, you will be responsible for the following:
- Produce finished orders from start to completion, undertaking all or some of the tasks involved in the process, according to your role and skill set.
- Work to the required cell, department and company productivity and quality targets at all times
- Comply with all standard operating procedures (SOPS), work instructions or procedures applicable to your role, and highlight to your line manager any areas for review.
- Proactively communicate in an open and constructive manner with colleagues within your cell, regarding issues impacting your potential to reach the required performance levels.
- Highlight to your line manager any areas of concern including quality issues with the products, issues with machines, and any other aspects that are restricting your normal work activities.
- Actively participate in department lead improvement projects and communications.
- Receive training as required and be willing to undertake on the job monitoring and consultation.
- Provide "buddy" support and training to your fellow colleagues.
- Follow all health and safety guidelines and working practices, and highlight any areas of concern to your line manager.
- Apply good housekeeping practices and place waste materials in the correct locations.
- Ensuring that all tools, machinery, company property and facilities are used and maintained to the required levels.
- To communicate and interact with your colleagues and those from other departments, and external providers in a courteous and helpful manner.
It is advantageous to have previous experience working within an optical glazing laboratory environment and have practical knowledge of all types of optical glazing. Full training will be provided.
Should you wish to apply for this position or would like to find out more information, please call the Manpower branch in Birmingham and speak to Ryan Gillespie.