Packaging Laboratory Technician
4 days left
We are seeking a Packaging Laboratory Technician for our service based on a client Deodorant research facility in Leeds.
The role is an long term role working 37.5hours per week Monday to Friday, starting as soon as possible.
The technician will be responsible for carrying out routine testing of new packaging components, to validate both component design and functionality. Individuals will need to be secure working independently without the need for constant supervision.
- Measurement of components and finished products, to determine acceptance vs specification
- Functional testing of components and finished products, using established test protocols and standard operating procedures, to determine fit for purpose performance, against specified standards
- Product compatibility testing, to confirm acceptability of new pack materials/designs with proposed formulations. This includes fragrance testing.
- Corrosion testing, to ensure acceptable performance under accelerated and long-term storage conditions
- Ensure incoming work programme is managed efficiently, with timely completion of tasks, in collaboration with the Lab Supervisor
- Support activities in the development gas house and packaging pilot plant
- Preparation of specialised samples for new machine/equipment testing
- Ensure a safe working environment is maintained at all times
- Experience of working in a packaging environment or a testing lab
- Measurement and testing experience, including use of specialist equipment
- Appreciation of packaging manufacturing processes (plastics moulding, aerosol cans manufacture, paper & board making etc)
- Qualified GCSE/GCE grade C or equivalent in maths, science, English
- Good IT skills
- Good communication skills and well organised
Apply for Packaging Laboratory Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly