BCU Sport are seeking Sport Activators to champion the Active Wellbeing timetable. We are looking for self-motivated individuals who will uphold the University's core values: Excellence, Partnership Working, Fairness and Integrity and People Focused throughout their time in the role.
Department BCU Sport
Base Location University Campus and External Facility Partners
Hours 3-8 Hours per week
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible to: Director of Sport / Sport Development Officer
1.1 To contribute to the administration and co-ordination of BCU Active Wellbeing activity and particularly support the development work associated with a specified sports activities.
1.2 To organise and deliver new participation opportunities in line with the development plans for specific sports.
1.3 To act as first point of contact for the students with a sporting interest and to provide a staff presence at BCU Active Wellbeing activities directly feeding back to BCU Sport.
1.4 To provide high quality information and referrals for students on sporting opportunities and pathways to participation.
1.5 To support the process of data collection and analysis in order to inform
continued and planned delivery.
1.6 To develop and maintain databases of events, activities and student participation records.
1.7 To engage in direct marketing and promotional campaigns delivered by BCU Sport across all University campuses.
1.8 To attend project meetings as appropriate.
1.9 To assist at open days and other similar University occasions with direct relation to sport and physical activity.
This job/role description is a guide to the work the post holder will initially be required to undertake.
It may be amended from time to time to meet changing circumstances by mutual agreement.
Some evening and weekend work may be required to support the BCU Sport timetable of activities and events such as, applicant and open days
· GCSEs including English and Maths (Grade A- C) or equivalent (E)
· IT skills qualification (D)
· Sport coaching qualification (D)
· First aid (D)
· Relevant customer-focused administrative role within a organisation (E)
· Experience of working in Higher Education (D)
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. (E)
· A demonstrable understanding of issues related to the student experience, and an awareness of the needs of a diverse student population. (E)
· Highly organised, with an ability to effectively prioritise (E)
· Excellent all round office, administrative and IT skills (E)
· Data handling skills (D)
· Event management skills (D)
· Presentation/training skills (D)
· Marketing skills (D)
· An understanding of the principles of good practice in sports coaching (D)
· Flexible & adaptable (E)
· Highly customer focused (E)
· Self-motivated (E)
· Ability to work with a wide range of partners and stakeholders (D)