Night Supervisor - Leeds
Night Supervisor - Leeds
£20 - £22k
Responsible for: Night Porter, Night Cleaner
Reporting to: Nights Manager
Working hours: 7pm - 7am
We are looking for someone to manage and co-ordinate front office's shift activities at a luxury for star hotel. You will be responsible for the safety and security of guests and staff, and the smooth running of the hotel at night. Acting as a liaison between guests and staff in order to provide efficient, prompt, courteous, trouble free and proactive service to customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service
- Computer literate
- Experience operating switchboard, telefax, key equipment, credit card, machines and printers, hotel alarm systems, and other Front Office equipment, and is able to make basic updates and changes when needed.
- Good knowledge of health and safety policies and procedures
- Experience providing training and appraisals
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Achieves customer satisfaction and rooms revenue goals by supervising Front Office employees.
- Is proficient in all Front Office procedures.
- Utilise management skills to motivate and to maximise employee productivity and satisfaction.
- Recommends to Nigh Manager how to improve guest service and efficiency in Front Office operations.
- Supervises and participates in the prompt and courteous check-in, check-out and servicing of guests.
- Records in the Duty Manager book any incidents occurred in the hotel and follows-up with the department concerned.
- Communicates open and closed dates, availability and condition of rooms to appropriate individuals.
- Knows current rooms availability, and is familiar with future availability.
- Keeps effective key control.
- Ensures that guest mail and messages are delivered promptly.
- Controls room rates, and brings rate changes in the attention of the Night Manager.
- Oversees the proper handling of advance deposits.
- Runs a credit check report, and analyses it for possible doubtful accounts.
- Checks that discount, billing instructions, and credit policies are followed, and takes action when needed.
- Authorise paid-outs and discounts.
- Checks the daily arrival list, and makes necessary preparations if hotel is sold out.
- Investigate all walk-outs, and complete relevant forms.
- Completes all forms in cases of accident or theft in the hotel during the shift and to liaise with Security as and when required.
- Brings needs for repair to the attention of the Front Office Manager.
- Perform night audit duties as required by policy and procedure.
- Handles promptly and courteously problems regarding customer room accommodations and rates, notify appropriate Department Head when needed.
- Handles promptly and courteously all guest comments, complaints, requests or inquiries; takes necessary action, and thorough follow-up.
- Greets and escorts returning guests and VIP's to guestrooms upon check-in.
- Handles personally walk-outs in fully booked situations.
- Assists with guest enquiries to show meeting facilities, guest bedrooms and other public space to potential guests.
- Carrying out all hotel health and safety procedures.
- To ensure that all Night Staff are familiar with Fire, Emergency and Bomb Evacuation procedures.
- To provide weekly reports to the Night Manager and Human Resources Manager of training that has been carried out.
- To carry out regular job chats and appraisals with Night Staff and to set clear goals and objectives.
- Ensure that all Night Staff receives training to be able to perform night audit duties as required by policy and procedure.
If you are interested in hearing more about the role then please apply today or call 01895205321.
Hotel, Supervisor, Nights, Shift Manager, Front of house, Check ins, Receptionist, Assistant Night manager, hotelier, concierge, desk manger, porter, duty manager, gym, hospitality,