Senior Control Systems Design Engineer
Senior Control Systems Design Engineer, Kidlington, Oxfordshire
Are you a Senior Design Engineer qualified to a minimum of HNC/HND level with experience of automation or robotics?
Do you have a proven understanding of CE compliance / machinery directive?
Would you be happy to lead and develop a team of 4 Electrical Engineers?
Manpower are excited to be working with a specialist manufacturer of bespoke, high end machinery which encompasses laser cutting machines, motion control systems, pneumatics and sensors.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Engineering Director, the Senior Design Engineer will be responsible for producing the controls systems design and associated documentation to enable build, approval and service of our machine tool projects. You will also be capable of managing a team of 4 Electrical Engineers. Additional may include;
- To work alongside the research / development or sales teams to extract the requirements of a given controls project
- To advise on and design to project budgets both cost and time.
- To instruct and guide engineers from our Asian manufacturing partners to successfully build, test and deliver the final product
- To be lead controls / electrical designer on full scale machine projects as and when required
- To be involved in the process of growth change and assist the Engineering Manger in the creation of departmental procedures and standard design templates as necessary.
- From time to time the need will arise to travel either as part of the design process or to assist with control specific work on customer machine tools.
To be successful in this integral position you will have the following skills & experience;
- An understanding of the principles of servo drive control
- Knowledge of safety circuit design, component calculation and selection
- PLC programming in Siemens S7-1200
- CAD skills in an Autocad drafting product, AutoCAD Electrical
- A track record of successful electrical design proven by examples
- Full understanding of the design requirements to meet compliance with EN60204
- An appreciation of the design requirements to meet the machinery, low voltage and EMC directives to achieve full CE certification of design
- Practical experience of electrical build and testing processes.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a specialist equipment manufacturer who are growing rapidly. If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please do not hesitate to apply today!