Factory Operative (Laminating/Coldseal)
Working 12 hour shifts a mixture of days/nights and weekends
Manpower are currently recruiting for a vacancy for a Factory Operative (Lamination/Coldseal). Reporting to the shift manager on duty the successful candidate will be responsible for independently running a lamination/coldseal machine. Machine operatives are responsible for adhering to best practice and complying with health and safety rules within a team manufacturing environment. This is a shift work position.
You will be responsible for running one of the company's lamination/coldseal machines to produce finished products to customer specification.
- Operate the machines
- Supervise the work of any lamination assistant who may be allocated to work with you
- Strive for continuous improvement in working practices
- Ensure health and safety policies and procedures and work instructions are followed and adhered to
- To ensure that the shift manager is kept informed of any production issues
- To ensure that the shift manager is kept informed of any non- conformances
- To monitor machine performance and report any maintenance issues or repairs required
- Identify when production needs to be stopped and consult with shift
- Complete production paperwork accurately and on time. Provide cover for colleagues as necessary
- To undertake ad hoc tasks as directed by the shift manager or management at the company's discretion
(including desirable skills, qualifications & experience)
- Reliable and motivated about producing a quality finished
- product to customer specification
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and the capacity to work to demanding deadlines
- Enjoy working as part of a team, yet be able to manage workload and operate machinery to allocated schedules without direction
- Be keen to learn and have a flexible attitude.
- Have a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrate personal accountability and have a 'right first time' approach.
- Have relevant experience in a manufacturing role
- Have Maths and English GCSE at a minimum grade of 4 or equivalent
If this role is of interest to you, then please apply today or call 0161 503 2208.