3.5t Collection & Delivery Driver
As a Collection and Delivery Driver you will be expected to deliver a range of parcels & goods to both domestic & commercial destinations. Your day will typically start between 06:00 - 08:30am by planning your route. (End time could be between 17:00 -19:00pm)
The contract is for a minimum of 6 weeks although this may be extended and for best performing candidates there may be opportunities for permanent employment. The average hours are typically 240 hours across the 6 week contract which relates to an average of 40 hours per week.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Arrival by the start time, load vehicle and general sortation of parcels.
- Accurate checking of items out for delivery with the manifest.
- Daily vehicle checks
- Collecting and delivering parcels both to households and businesses.
- You will scan parcels on and off route to ensure tracking information is available to customers and colleagues.
- Be able to lifts and carry parcels weighing up to 30kg.
Personal Specification Essential
- Your driving licence must cover up to 3.5 tonnes.
- Ability to drive an extra-long wheel-base vehicle.
- Good time keeping.
- Good customer service skills.
- Confident in dealing with people.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Use of own Sat Nav to enable you to follow planned route excellence manifest.
- Flexibility on hours over a contracted week including Saturday working.
- Appearance and attitude is exemplary.
- A full UK manual driving licence (in your current UK address) with no more than 6 points.
- Previous experience in parcel delivery preferred but not essential.
- Good geographical knowledge of the area.
- Experience working in safety conscious environment.
- Well organised and being able to work under pressure.
If you are interested and you would like more information on the roles we have available please apply today by clicking apply to this advert or alternatively calling Manpower on 01865 245257!!