Quality Inspector (Precision Engineering)
Quality Inspector - Stoke Mandeville, Aylesbury
2 shift system: Monday to Friday 6.00am to 2:15pm - Monday to Thursday 2pm to 00.15pm Rotating bi-weekly
Are you a Quality Inspector looking for a new opportunity with a worldwide growing company?
Do you have experience within a precision engineering environment or similar industry?
Manpower are excited to be working with and industry specialist of complex parts for transmission and drive trains for aerospace, motor sport and the oil and gas industries.
About the role
You will be working within a small team of 5 Quality Inspectors in a busy fast paced inspection laboratory. You will carry out inspection of various precision machined parts using various equipment, deal with first off, patrol checking and final inspections. Additional responsibilities;
- Inspect and validate customer parts within the inspection lab
- Conversant in first principles inspection methods
- Familiarity with inspection equipment and tools including CMM, Wenzel gear checking and Zeiss- training given
- Take part in audits of department in line with audit processes. Audit training to be provided
- Assist and implement CI and lean activities within the quality inspection department 5S
- Complete ISIR, First and final inspection and FAIR's. Software training to be provided
- Complete PPS and 8D investigations and reports and feedback to customers findings
- Assist to maintain calibration system
- Attend quality meetings
- Assist quality manager to impellent SOP for daily shop floor patrol checking of high risk and Std parts and processes.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a successful business who have been established over 60 years. The following attributes will be required of the successful candidate;
- Minimum of 3 years as a Quality inspector or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and manage in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of applicable manufacturing and quality requirements including ISO 9001, AS 9100.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving, and a some understanding of aerospace requirements.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please do not hesitate to apply today!