Senior Firmware Engineer
My client is involved with next generation technology in Cambridge and seek to recruit a talented, ambitious and dynamic Senior Firmware Engineer to join a growing team of world-class electronics, control and firmware engineers developing smart actuator technology and leading-edge electronics and control solutions for patented technology.
This exciting client is looking for a Senior Firmware Engineer who is capable, passionate and engaged with technology in and out of work. You will need to contribute to a highly skilled team, prioritising activities, balancing long and short-term objectives and finding efficient ways to solve problems. The role involves some travel to Asia and America to support the development of actuator technology and solutions.
- Work within the team of mechanical, control, electronics, firmware and performance engineers to build on the proprietary control algorithms developed to meet the needs of the market.
- Specify, develop and evaluate embedded firmware solutions to drive actuator technology and support transfer of these into high volume production.
- Develop and improve the methods and procedures to enhance ability to deliver successful products.
- Interface with partners and customers to understand their requirements and to deliver the assistance required to use products.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- 1st Class or 2:1 BSc or BEng in Electronic Engineering or other relevant degree course
- 5-years demonstrable industrial experience and achievements
- 5-years embedded programming of microcontrollers
- 5-years C/C++ development
- Designing to requirement specifications
- Creating technical documentation
- Writing specifications
- Experience in mentoring more junior engineers
- Defect tracking and peer review
- Use of Python
- Digital signal processing (DSP)
- Board-level debug and test
- Use of oscilloscopes
- System-level architectural design
Other skills of interest
- MatLab or Simulink experience
- Assembler-level programming
- Appreciation of Agile development methods
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Closed loop control system design and development
- Transferring new technology into mass production
- Design for manufacture
- Appreciation of mechanical design
As a Senior Firmware Engineer, you must also be able to demonstrate you are a strong team player, and that you can effectively interact and work with other technical teams. Strong analytical skills and a passion for technology are also expected. You must also be self-motivated, able to prioritise activities and have excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills. Your experience working in a fast-paced environment, ability to assimilate information, effectively handle requests from customers and partners, whilst being comfortable with customer-facing interaction will make you stand out from the crowd. Additionally, as a Senior Firmware Engineer you should also be able to mentor junior engineers.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Firmware Engineer to enter a successful company that will provide in a collaborative hi-tech electronics environment in the heart of the creative Cambridge community.