My client is involved with next generation technology in Cambridge and seek to recruit a talented, ambitious and dynamic junior Electronics Engineer to join a growing team of world-class electronics, control and firmware engineers developing smart actuator technology and leading-edge electronics and control solutions for patented technology.
This exciting client is looking for an Electronics Engineer who is passionate and engaged with technology, interested in and out of work and interesting. You will need to contribute to a highly skilled team, prioritising activities, balancing long and short-term objectives and finding efficient ways to solve problems. The role involves some travel to Asia and America to support the development of actuator technology and solutions.
- Work within the team of mechanical, control, electronics, firmware and performance engineers at to build on the proprietary control algorithms developed to meet the needs of the market.
- Specify, develop and evaluate electronics solutions to drive actuator technology and support transfer of these into high volume production.
- Develop and improve the methods and procedures to enhance ability to deliver successful products.
- Interface with partners and customers to understand their requirements and to deliver the assistance required to use products.
- Transferring new technology into mass production
- Closed loop control system design and development
- Verilog development and verification
Desirable skills and experience
- Demonstrable engineering experience and achievements
- Design for manufacture
- System-level architectural design
- Mixed signal ASIC development
- Digital signal processing (DSP)
- Specification of bespoke test equipment and test specifications
- Writing specifications
- Creating technical documentation
- Designing to requirement specifications
- Design and analysis of embedded control systems
- Previous use of Altium Designer
- MatLab or Simulink experience
- Use of Python
- C/C++ development for embedded systems
- Appreciation of mechanical design
This is an excellent opportunity for a junior Electronics Engineer to enter a successful company that will provide career-making skills in a collaborative hi-tech electronics environment in the heart of the creative Cambridge community.