Inbound/Outbound Operative - PM Shift
Manpower in Birmingham are working with an established manufacturer based in Tyseley who are looking to appoint a number of Warehouse Operatives (Inbound/ Outbound Operatives) on a full time, permanent basis.
The shift for this role is Monday to Friday 16:00pm - 23:00pm.
The role is a mixture of physical tasks and PC based work. Attention to detail is required in all aspects of the role as this is a key part of the supply chain. The ability to work at pace whilst maintaining accuracy is an essential requirement Tasks include but not limited to:
- Empty cages of branch totes, comprising of customers orders
- Process orders for acknowledgement of receipt
- To ensure correct frame matches order
- To ensure correct orders are passed to relevant departments
- Non Compliance orders processed correctly
- Handle Export orders working with other departments
- Pack all finished spectacles in the relevant case on an order by order basis
- Scan all orders to complete the order journey
- Send all orders in the correct and relevant tote
- Close and clip every tote at the end of each day and help to load onto the couriers transport.
- Manage the flow of work and be flexible in approach so as to ensure that all orders are completed by the end of each day
General Departmental tasks and responsibilities:
- Proactively communicate in an open and constructive manner with colleagues within the dispatch team - good cross shift communication is essential.
- Be fully engaged in department improvement projects - your ideas matter.
- To receive training as required and be assessed on competency in role.
- To follow all health and safety guidelines and working practices, and highlight any areas of concern to your line manager. This is includes following SOPs and Risk Assessments.
- To apply good housekeeping practices and place waste materials in the correct locations.
- Ensuring that all tools, machinery, company property and facilities are used and maintained to the required levels.
- To communicate and interact with your colleagues and those from other departments, and external providers in a courteous and helpful manner.
Whilst immediate interviews are available, you will take part in an assessment which involves 3 stages. Multiple choice questions, dexterity tests and an interview.
Should you wish to apply for this position, please do so online or call the Manpower branch in Birmingham and speak to Ryan Gillespie.