Site Manager - Deeside
Day Shift Manager required
Delivery and Quality
· Responsible for maximising fleet utilisation with high quality workmanship, focusing on exceeding customer expectations.
· Ensure all customer deliveries are met with the target of 100% on time.
· Maintain control over depot procurement (materials, stock, PPE etc).
· Monitor internal and external quality issues and develop corrective and preventative actions.
· Maintain current business processes and systems, continually improve procedures to maximise operating efficiency
· Review local performance data (financial, sales and activity reports) to deliver and measure operational productivity, depot performance and contribution levels.
- Responsible for the achievement of operational productivity, quality and Lean targets.
- Maintain and develop key Customer liaison and deliver Customer care excellence.
- Liaison with regional management.
· Implement operational plans to deliver local elements of business strategy plans.
· Responsible for Asset Management, availability and sourcing, query resolution, vehicle (service and FLT) preventative maintenance.
· Monitor and report on fleet condition ad identify fleet disposals.
· Manage regular stock takes in line with Company Policy.
· Identify opportunities for productivity improvement through the identification and elimination of waste.
· Manage costs of labour and materials, utilising temporary labour and subcontracts to overcome peak periods to ensure delivery.
Health and Safety
· Responsible for all health and safety and maintenance of the site.
· Responsible for local management of SHEQ, safe working practices and adheres to Elliott Environmental policy.
· Responsible for embedding a health and safety culture.
· Address all safety incidences and near misses within 24 hours.
· Provide clear objectives for employees in terms of daily activity, weekly monthly and annual goals.
· Monitor staff performance through appraisals, performance reviews, setting personal development plans in order to develop staff and maximise talent potential.
· Manage, train, mentor and plan the use of human resources.
· Responsible for HR issues including discipline, absence, capability & performance management.
· Develop a culture of team working to ensure smooth operations, consistency and process improvements where possible.
· Supervise direct reports in line with company policies.
· Maintenance of training records, identification and recommendation for further training needs.
· Lead a culture of continuous improvement in every area of the site.
· Promote and actively demonstrate commitment to the company values: Innovation, Collaboration, Excellence and Empowerment.
· Clear and effective communicator
· Demonstrable skills in leading and motivating others
· Ability to effectively manage multiple, changing priorities in a fast paced environment
· Proven ability to make independent decisions and work as part of a team
· Strong analytically and problem solving skills
· Strong customer focus
· Skilled to create a team working culture
· Welcomes and embraces change
· A desire to create the safest, most cost effective work environment coupled with the commitment to exceed customer expectations
· The ideal candidate will have significant experience as a manager in a manufacturing environment
· Demonstrable experience in building and leading a team
· Sound knowledge and practical experience of Lean fundamentals within the manufacturing industry
· Experience of managing Health and Safety
· Experience of delivering results against operational, service, quality, safety and cost targets
· Ability to set standards for quality and ensure it is adhered to
· Experience in managing and controlling costs
· Experience of using work flow planning systems and MS Office packages