The Role & Company:
We are currently looking to recruit a Software Engineer based in Haydock on a full-time permanent basis.
Our client is the UK's leading hire provider. Providing a huge range of tools, plant and specialist hire equipment. The successful Software Engineer will play a key role in the development and implementation of new software, enhancing current systems, and supporting new and existing applications. Their people are the heart of their business and it's their commitment and professionalism that makes them the biggest and the best in the industry.
Working Hours 8:30am - 5:00pm
Competitive salary plus pension, 21 days holiday rising to 26 days after 1 years plus bank holidays, bonus, life assurance and our fantastic salary extras scheme that offers cycle to work, child care vouchers and various other fantastic benefits along with our great staff discounts.
A Software Engineer will play a key role in the development and implementation of new software, enhancing current systems, and supporting new and existing applications. Software Engineer will work closely with other members of the team to share knowledge and improve standards.
The principal objectives of the role are:
- Design simple solutions for complex problems raised by the business and required by customers.
- Ensure that code is of a high quality and meets coding standards.
- Expand the knowledge of all developers within the team.
- Improve development processes.
- Continuously improve the quality of any existing systems that you work on.
- Increasing automated test code coverage.
- The duties and responsibilities of the role are:
- Provide software development support.
- Develop new features on the public facing website.
- Code review the work of other developers in the team to ensure that coding standards are met and that the quality of code is to a high standard.
- Unit testing of changes made to software.
- Estimate the complexity of developments as part of an agile team.
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications & Experience
- .Net / C# / SQL Server / Entity Framework 6 / ASP.net / Ajax / MVC / Visual Studio
- RESTful API design and WCF
- Front-end frameworks (React, jQuery, Vue, Bootstrap)
- Version control (Git)
- Design patterns
- Peer code reviews
- Appreciation of service excellence
- Ability to work effectively under pressure