Infrastructure Support Specialist III (Server Management)
2 days left
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company, is currently seeking an Infrastructure Support Specialist III (Server Management) based on their customer site in Aldermaston. This is a Full-time, permanent role, Monday to Friday then Monday to Thursday alternating weeks, 8 hours and 20 minutes per day between 08:00 and 18:00 to start ASAP. The role is paying £37,100 plus £1,200 clearance allowance.
*** Please note clearance is preferable for this role or must be prepared to undergo it ***
Provide a quality 3rd Line experience for all internal customers and external, and to engage with key suppliers and support functions. This role is strategically important in the continued development of IT Services in an Enterprise Server Management function that will include troubleshooting on all supported platforms
- Day-to-Day Management of the Server Environment including Patching, Image Config/Deployment, Server and Storage support
- Config/Management, System Build, File Storage Management and System Administration.
- Operational Server Support and can include troubleshooting of Windows/VMWare, Storage & Backup environments as part of your team responsibilities.
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2016, infrastructure experience, OS install and configuration, imaging.
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2016 Active Directory knowledge, understanding of Group Policies / DNS / DHCP / DFS etc.
- Technical proficiency in server and storage hardware and software; ability to consult with other IT groups on system designs and support as a recognized technical expert.
- Good Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft WSUS, SCCM, and SCOM.
- Hands on experience of supporting Operational activities & troubleshooting in all area of Windows/ VMWare, Storage and Backup infrastructure.
- Understand performance monitoring and be able to produce performance reports.
- Proactive management and monitoring & troubleshooting operational issues.
- Experience of working in controlled Data Centre environments.
- Stabilizing developed infrastructure solutions using Microsoft methodologies in complex customer environments
- Maintain disaster recovery plans, regular review to ensure Disaster Recovery strategy aligns with business requirements. Oversight of Disaster Recovery validation on a regular basis
- Virtualization - VMware, Citrix & Hyper-V
- Producing technical documentation
- Good understanding of H P server & storage concepts
- General Application Support
- Disaster/recovery concepts
- Windows 2016 server
- Windows Storage spaces
- Hyper-V using SCVMM
- Symantec NetBackup
- EMC Networker
- HPe MSA 2050 and Storeonce
- Project Managing Statement into Business as usual
Apply for Infrastructure Support Specialist III (Server Management)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly