Manpower are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of our Multi National Client based in Uxbridge for a Machining Technician to join their team with an immediate start.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a growing company on a temporary to permanent basis.
Salary: Dependant on experience
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7.5 hours per day, flexible start times available, and you have the choice of either part time or full time employment depending on what best suits you!
About the Role:
As a Machining Technician you will be expected to provide hands on support as part of the team in the sample preparation area. The equipment that you will primarily be operating are band and circular saw, CNC Mill and Lathe and material characterisation equipment, such as tensile testing frame and hardness testing equipment.
As a Machining Technician you will form part of a multi-disciplined team working within our Clients Technology Centre, comprising of:
- Aluminium DC casting facilities, melting, casting, homogenisation, chemical analysis, billet preparation
- A 1600 Ton Extrusion Press for the manufacture of Aluminium alloy profiles
- Forming equipment, including conventional roll bending and advanced 3D forming
- Joining equipment, conventional fusion welding and Electro-magnetic pulse welding
- CNC machining of mechanical test specimens (sample preparation)
- Good basic machining skills, with experience of operating CNC machines - eg, For mechanical test piece manufacture.
- An understanding of CNC programming
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, CAD, etc
- Typically, the job holder will be qualified to a minimum of a BTEC First
Full training is also provided, so if this sounds like the role for you then apply now!