Infrastructure Support Specialist IV
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue chip IT company, is currently seeking an Infrastructure Support Specialist IV based on their customer site in Feltham. This is a Full-time, permanent role 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday, to start ASAP. The role is paying £40,000 plus £1,200 allowance per annum.
**** PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE CLEARANCE ****
DGS SYSTEM MANAGER - ROLE AND RESPONSBILITY
The scope of the services are defined below, and are support activities directly supporting a Customer Systems Manager.
The system manager is responsible for effective support and maintenance of system hardware and software and related infrastructure. The individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems and related peripherals are maintained to provide optimum availability and performance for users. The individual provides the first point of call for all system issues relating to the operating system or hardware related issues.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Expertise on ITIL foundation
- Expert knowledge of platforms/technology with significant knowledge
- Excellent presentation and negotiating skills
- Maintain operating systems on servers and workstations
- Maintain system availability to meet minimum availability requirements stated in the SRD.
- Ensure data integrity and business continuity by implementing and managing a robust backup strategy. Also to ensure all servers and databases are appropriately backed up via a regular maintenance schedule.
- Ensure system security is maintained in accordance with company policy, under the guidance of the site information officer (ISSO). This includes; applying OS patches and security upgrades on a regular basis.
- Administer the creation and maintenance of system (servers / workstations) user accounts and privileges, once authorized by the Authorities site personnel.
- The implementation and verification of all hardware and software upgrades (system and application) as supplied by the system vendor.
- Carrying out system housekeeping duties, which includes performing backups, monitoring disk usage, adding new users and monitoring system performance.
- Provide effective responses to all software and hardware problems. Carry out detailed technical investigation and troubleshooting to identify the actions required to resolve the problem within agreed timescales.
- Incident Management
** Must have Security Clearance and hold UK passport **
- MS Windows 2012
- MS Hyper V 2012
- MS SCCM
- MS SCCM - VMM
- MS SCCM - BPM
- MS SCCM - Orchestrator
- MacAfee EPO
Training will be provided for customer specific requirements and to cover off any missing essential skills.